Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Default RE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

My dealer says the part is backordered.....[:@]

For the ones that have had theirs fixed for good, what dealer did you get them from? I'm thinking maybe I can have my dealer call another dealer and get one.....I can't drive my truck in the condition it's in.....so it's sitting in my driveway, awaiting the part.....

Old 01-18-2008, 03:04 PM

It may be backordered but Reeves in Tampa fixed mine in about 30 minutes. I'd call a few other dealers and see if it's really back ordered or if your dealer is just a bunch of pin heads.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:50 PM

We just took our 2006 H3 in for a front end and steering column "rattle". We were told parts would be in this week and there was a problem with the drivetrain and the power steering column. Will have more details this week when its fixed. All repairs are covered under normal warranty thank goodness. I see others are having same problem. Good luck with your all your repairs.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:52 AM

My Wife's 08' H3 does not have this problem. I hope it stays that way.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:29 AM

Finally got my right hand drive H3 steering knock fixed....she is all good now

Old 04-08-2008, 10:03 AM

CAN ANYONE TELL WHAT THE NEW PART # IS FOR THE REDESIGN OF THE STEERING SHAFT, NOT THE TEMP FIX.

I JUST HAD MINE REPLACED WITH PART #25900714 AND IT DID NOT HELP. HOWEVER, I MIGHT NOT HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS MOST OF YOU. BECAUSE MINE DOES NOT HAVE TO GET WARM TO MAKE THE NOISE AND I DO NOT FEEL IT IN THE PEDALS OR THE STEERING WHEEL. IT SOUNDS LIKE WHEN THE SHOCKS AND/OR SUSPENSION IS ABSORBING THE IMPACT FROM BUMPS THAT IT CONTINUES TO MOVE EVEN AFTER GOING OVER BUMPS.

IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DRIVING A BUCKET OF NUTS AND BOLTS INSTEAD OF A $40K H3.

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE PREVIOUS INFO THAT I REQUESTED OR ANY SUGGESTIONS. I AM TAKING THE VEHICLE BACK FOR THE 3RD TIME TODAY. THE 1ST TIME THE REPLACED A LOOSE TIE ROD ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. THE 2ND TIME THE REPLACED THE INTERMEDIATE STEERING SHAFT PART# 25900714. NEEDLESS TO SAY, THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS.

ANXIOUSLY AWAITING SOME INSIGHT INTO MY ISSUE.

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY BOOK.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:43 AM

I have a 2008 Hummer H3 with a little over 1700 miles on it, and it appears that I am experiencing the same issue as described above. Thankfully there are others observing and hearing the same issue. I am working with scheduling an appt next week to see if they can resolve the issue

Old 04-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Default RE: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

hi there

i bought a new 2008 h3 base model and i notice exactly all whats in this thread so is ita common problem in this model and is there a permenant solution for it ,, ijust feel the wheel turning thru my gas and brake pedal......

thanks for the advice
amir

Old 04-20-2008, 09:08 PM

I have a 2008 H3, born in November 2007, that I have had for 3 weeks. Rattle/thunk/thump/clunk/plunk/chunk (feel like Dr. Suess) started 2 weeks ago 100% in floor only -- now it seems to be in the accel pedal about 20% of the time, floor under/behind the brake pedal about 50% of the time and under the hummer logo on my mud mat the remaining 30%. I've tried everything myself from silicone on the lower mounts; tightening bolts for skid plates; silicone on jounce bumper; silicone on upr and lwr ctrl arm bushings; greasing torsion keys/bars; changing the lower #2 and #3 body mounts; raising and lowering my torsion bars 1 to 2 turns each way; and re-locating parking brake cable better than what the factory did. No Luck.

I have an appt tomorrow afternoon (Mon, 4/21) to have the dealer look at my 08 H3. I may tell them that I suspect the lower I-shaft and see what they come back with. I'll post what ever happens for other 08 drivers. Any other 08 drivers that have had any prob with this and got it fixed, let me know.

Thanks

BTW - went to the movies to see 88 minutes this weekend and had to put up with 20 minutes of previews on "how to be green". They kept ramming "buying a hybrid" down our throat. what good is a hybrid going to do me in michigan in January when we have an 8" snowfall or when my street floods to 20 inches deep again. -- sorry to get off topic, but it chapped my @ss to see people nod in agreement in the theater about hybrids and think that we are sinners because we like/use trucks.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:06 PM

Took my '08 H3 to dealership today and they looked at it for 3+ hours before deciding to give me a rental -- the tech couldn't locate the source of the rattle/clunk. Said it wasn't the steering shaft. They will continue looking tomorrow with their sound equipment to see if they can locate it. Hope they find it -- don't want to continue driving for 3 more years like this -- it will drive me nuts. I only have 700 miles on my vehicle.

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?