Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

TPM Probs, NOT sensors.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 05:46 PM

I've had the TPM warning for a while. No amount of programming sensors would make it go away. All sensors report good. Had to replace the BCM recently when I lost all my taillights, and hoped that would also fix the TPM warning. No such luck. Had the TPM sensors programmed again, and this time my TPM warning went away... for about half a mile. Then it started flashing LOW TIRE. Went back and checked all tires. Normally they were set at 36. Have all at 40 now. Still have the LOW TIRE message every time I start the truck. I'd be interested in just being able to turn it off. I don't need to truck to tell me to check my tires.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:36 PM

I use a Snap-On Solus Pro. It's not mine, but I have unlimited access to it. Certain laws restrict turning off the TPM light permanently, depending on state and country and the year of the vehicle. That doesn't mean if you talk nicely to your mechanic he could turn it off.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
tpms module??. where did you come up with that?
i see no mention of it anywhere i look. the bcm gets the signals, from ?? it looks like they come thru the digital radio.
i thought it was the digital radio ant. if it is,i killed my onstar yrs ago and i thought i unhooked the digital ant, but my tpms is working!
im still looking thru schematic wiring but its messy.

can anyone verify that the digital radio is onstar and satellite radio.?.
i dont use either but i get sat signal advertizing
I hadn't thought about the sat radio. I replaced my factory radio 2 years back and completely unplugged the onstar box at that point. Still, the tire people were supposedly able to "reprogram" the tire sensors and the CHECK TPMS warning is still only intermittent. You would think if changing the onstar state had something to do with the tire sensor signals that the warning would be on 100%...

Old 03-21-2016, 05:17 PM

that the warning would be on 100%...
or off?

i did nothing new since last post, waiting for a smart "rookie" to come up with the answer!!
is there a pickup device on the top of the dash? for what?

Old 12-26-2016, 08:05 PM

Update to my "Check TMP" messages: It's been about 3 years now that I've had my H3 and the dreaded message started showing up about 2 years ago sporadically. Of course I tried the obvious and replaced all the tire sensors with new and it made zero difference. I still get this Check TMP at least once a day (again, it DOES NOT always indicate this error). I've tried to find the "electronic path" from the sensors to my light but no one seems to know something as simple as where the receiver is to the signals coming from the tire sensors. In order to trouble shoot this issue (and it seems a lot of people are having this problem) it would be nice to know where the signal is picked up and what black box processes this info... Seems someone must know the answer!

Old 07-02-2017, 11:56 PM
Default Update

After 4 years I still have not found info on this problem. I still get INTERMITTENT error indication of "Check TPM". To review, I've had this issue since at least 2015 and it's still acting exactly like it did in 2015. All tire pressure sensors have been replaced a year or so back and (of course) reprogrammed. This is not a sensor problem. The tires are never showing as being low or flat. The error does not show (usually) right after engine start. The error does not seem to show any pattern of when it will pop up. At random times it will pop up and at random times it will go out. As a guess I'd say this error is showing about 20% of the time. For a while it did not show for over a week but then popped up randomly one day. There is no pattern that I can detect.

My question has been and still is --- How does this system work?? I've not found any information as to the route the information flows to the BCM. The sensors are wireless, of course but there is no information as to how the signal gets to the BCM. In general tire pressure modules have to send the signal to an antenna and some systems have four antennas at each wheel (I can not find any) but some also use the keyless entry to piggy-back the information. Another route is through the radio antenna. There is really no way for me to troubleshoot this problem without knowing these basics...

Whatever the problem, it is not getting better or worse with age.

PS. Currently this vehicle is apart getting an LS3 480HP conversion. I'll start a new thread with pictures when complete...

Last edited by ChristianAnarchist; 07-02-2017 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:21 PM

Have you replaced the tpms sensors themselves?

Old 07-04-2017, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer
Have you replaced the tpms sensors themselves?
Yes...

Again, what I need is an in-depth description of how the system works. Where is the antenna? What module (if not the BCM) communicates with the sensors?

Old 07-05-2017, 03:34 PM

There is allot of reading on the web as I am doing it right now and it is mind boggling lol!

There is
Direct vs Indirect
Relearn vs Sensor Programming

There may be an antenna or no antenna
Some are software based and some are hardware

A whole lot more to boot.
The guy to ask is F5Stop (might have the handle wrong)
He knows a thing or two. haha

Old 11-10-2017, 01:44 PM

An update for any who are having the same problem, I've converted my H3 into an LS3 monster and I'm still having intermittant "Service TPM" errors.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...monster-38707/

So now my H3 has all new and non-stock engine and computer controller. The stereo was changed years ago so that is also non-stock. Since my error is not a continuous issue I still have to think it's related to communication with the sensors but alas, no one seems to know how the communication takes place. Since the BCM is still stock I'm certain that all the problem is related to how the BCM communicates with the tire sensors...

Quick Reply: TPM Probs, NOT sensors.