Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Converted my H3 to LS3 Monster!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 10:44 AM
Default Converted my H3 to LS3 Monster!!

Pictures and video coming soon. Everything is almost done, there are just some tuning issues and fan control issues but it sounds super!! Hopefully I'll have this thing back in a couple of days and then I'll post pictures and put a video on YouTube. Supposed to be just shy of 500 hp and in test drives so far it accelerates like a rocket until about half way through the RPM range then dies out. They are sending the data back to the tuners to get this worked out. Perhaps later today they will have the answer. No, I did not do it at Mash motors and I have quite a story to tell about what a bad business that one is to deal with. Mine was done here locally at Griffin Auto just south of Memphis. I'm more than happy with their service and workmanship. They are great to work with.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:22 PM

Old 08-22-2017, 08:11 PM

What kind of cost

Old 08-22-2017, 08:23 PM

Don't have the final bill in hand but it's around 22k. The only place I know that is advertising doing these is asking about 25k I believe and I've found out he's a pretty crooked dude to deal with (I ordered my wiring harness from him). The biggest chunk of that was for the crate engine. Then there was the tranny rebuild and beef up. I'm going to drive it for about 10k miles and then re-evaluate the drive components to see if there's going to be a weakness there. I'm not going to hot-rod this thing but still, I will find times when I want to put the hammer down for sure...

Last edited by ChristianAnarchist; 08-22-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:27 AM

Am I reading this right? 22k????

Old 08-25-2017, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer
Am I reading this right? 22k????
That's correct. There's a new crate LS3, total rebuild and beef up of the tranny, new hi-flow dual exhaust, new wiring, computers and of course lots and lots of labor. We were looking at the possibility of plunking down 60k for a new car or spending this money to get something truly unique and different that would be both reliable (nearly all new) and fun. We have a 5 year warranty from GM on the engine. The rest of the vehicle is in excellent shape and I'm planning to revisit the drive train after several thousand miles to see if there's anything there that is looking weak.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:24 PM

I guess in that light it doesn't seem as bad.... 5yr. Warranty is nice.
And if the vehicle is in great shape why not...

It's crazy that new is north of 50 k now for starting price.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:20 AM

Looks great looking forward to updates

Old 08-28-2017, 04:45 PM

Cool swap! I would love to swap a 6.2 into the 04 H2, but I will likely just buy an 08.
Send us your updates soon !

Old 09-06-2017, 09:43 PM

Today I picked up my H3!! It truly is a monster! They said when I punched it the front wheels came off the ground just a hair but I really expect they were imagining it. I have only put about 60 miles on it so far but it's sooooo strange after 4 years of driving that gutless wonder to hear the roar and feel the acceleration. It's just not natural I tell ya!! My next step is to get some videos on YouTube to post here... Stay tuned!

Quick Reply: Converted my H3 to LS3 Monster!!