Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Stumbles on cool start up

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 06:53 AM

It will do it at anytime with a full tank of gas or a qrt tank I did a fuel pressure test I had 55lbs of pressure and my leak down test I lost 10lbs in 10min

Old 08-28-2019, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Have you performed an induction service?
I'm currently doing my annual service on mine right now, got the tank from penray rep(pic below). Add a 1/2 can of seafoam, adjust the flow( a slow drip) and run at 1800rpm until the tank empties. Seafoam also carries a spray can with a long hose attached that you can try:

Well, this seemed to work. Used the spray can and followed the video procedures. Still got quite a few misfires right afterwards, but drove around a bit and they stopped. Have cold started a couple of times since then and no misfires reported.I think that indicates it was a sticking valve issue, just need to see if it comes back. Since the Hummer isn't a daily driver, sitting up seems to cause it to misfire more.

Thanks for the help!

Old 09-04-2019, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by HumbleAg
Well, this seemed to work. Used the spray can and followed the video procedures. Still got quite a few misfires right afterwards, but drove around a bit and they stopped. Have cold started a couple of times since then and no misfires reported.I think that indicates it was a sticking valve issue, just need to see if it comes back. Since the Hummer isn't a daily driver, sitting up seems to cause it to misfire more.

Thanks for the help!
I only average around 3k miles per year, however I only use top tier fuel, I also keep the oil clean with a quality full synthetic oil, and keep the air filter clean. If you ever experience a performance issue in the future, you now know where to start.