Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Passlock Possessed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 02:01 PM

=NMicanJule;368428]Hi All,

2006 H3 with about 150k miles. Well maintained.
DIC says battery. I replace the battery (knowing it was getting to be that time). Vehicle starts and runs normally but still DIC says battery, Check alternator... it's bad.
Replace alternator...
No crank, no start.... security light on solid, Key FOB does not lock or unlock doors. Door locks and window controls don't' work. Nothing when turning key to ON position.
HOWEVER, if I manually turn the headlights to ON... dash lights come to life (Passlock shows LOCKED) and vehicle will crank partially and then everything shuts off again.
Tried the 10 minute reset... the security light never flashes or goes out. Tried the 3 cycle relearn procedure... NOTHING.
Checked every fuse... Battery cables and terminals...all good.
At wits end... had an appointment with the dealership yesterday and brought a trailer to haul it on, but couldn't get it there because I cannot get it out of PARK!
I called the dealership to ask what to do... they said "we cant help you". Called another dealership... basically same response. My H3 is parked in a small carport that requires
an immediate 90 degree turn backing out to avoid the fence directly behind. I don't know IF a tow truck can get it loaded with park engaged and not sure they can even get to it
being in the carport,
I'm trying to keep my composure but I NEED MY VEHICLE! Any thoughts and ideas will be greatly appreciated!
Totally distressed,
Jules
NMicanJule[/QUOTE]
I'm having a similar issue with my 08, I'm hoping checking the fuse box and some of the other little fixes I've read will help me get mine back on the road. I'm starting to panic thinking the ECM is bad. Please let me know what they finally diagnose yours with. Thank you Sam

Old 12-30-2019, 03:39 PM

I have similar issue with my 08' Alpha. No response when I turn the ignition on. Security light on solid. Tried the 3 cycle re-learn procedure and NOTHING. Security light never flashes or goes out too. This began with Dealership request to program my new BCM module. Now my H3 won't respond.

Let me know what you find out to fix your H3.

Plan on meeting with Customer service manager and request to install old BCM so I can drive H3 out of dealership.

Old 12-30-2019, 04:10 PM

i'm having a similar issue with my 08, i'm hoping checking the fuse box and some of the other little fixes i've read will help me get mine back on the road. I'm starting to panic thinking the ecm is bad. Please let me know what they finally diagnose yours with. Thank you sam
ecm?

Originally Posted by moto1969
i have similar issue with my 08' alpha. No response when i turn the ignition on. Security light on solid. Tried the 3 cycle re-learn procedure and nothing. Security light never flashes or goes out too. This began with dealership request to program my new bcm module. Now my h3 won't respond.

Let me know what you find out to fix your h3.

Plan on meeting with customer service manager and request to install old bcm so i can drive h3 out of dealership.
bcm?

Live and learn!

Last edited by hummerz; 12-30-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Let me ask, are you still using the crappy azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors? Everybody else knows the rest of my saying.....