Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

P0717 code

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 01:22 PM
NFS

Originally Posted by bronxteck
it might be better to just repair the one you have properly.
The shop said the pinch is too deep not recommended to repair but I just want to know is it that rostra wire harness that they are talking about ?

Old 08-02-2019, 03:49 PM

google the part number you posted. there are a bunch of online gm parts distributors that are selling it much cheaper then $230. GMwholesale has it listed for $141.83

Old 08-02-2019, 04:04 PM
NFS

Yes i I saw that but they don’t have a pic. I found transmission harness for 57 bucks aftermarket that have just like the pic hummerz posted. Everyone who have it cheaper for 137 or 141 is out of stock because it’s on back order

Originally Posted by bronxteck
google the part number you posted. there are a bunch of online gm parts distributors that are selling it much cheaper then $230. GMwholesale has it listed for $141.83

Old 08-02-2019, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by NFS
The shop said the pinch is too deep not recommended to repair but I just want to know is it that rostra wire harness that they are talking about ?
Any tech with proper knowledge knows you can repair a wiring harness. I would pull the pins on each end of the damaged wire, and install a new wire with new pins.

Call for more information on a replacement harness(note you have a 20pin connector):
https://globaltransmissionparts.com/...-iss-24234121/

Last edited by hummerz; 08-02-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:29 PM
NFS

Originally Posted by hummerz
Any tech with proper knowledge knows you can repair a wiring harness. I would pull the pins on each end of the damaged wire, and install a new wire with new pins.

Call for more information on a replacement harness(note you have a 20pin connector):
https://globaltransmissionparts.com/...-iss-24234121/

He wont replace it but I found one that is 57 bucks it’s cheaper to replace than repair . But that’s how the wire harness look like and found it way cheaper , can I replace that my self or does it require special tool or way? Also they mentioned they have to relearn it?

Old 08-02-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by NFS
Is there a chance that something got lose inside the pan because the shop dropped the pan not that long ago and did transmission fluid and I noticed that plug plugs just above the pan so I was wondering if something got lose is that possible ?
Doubtful, but anything is possible, however you need to drop the pan to check(I have in the past found pinched wiring between the pan and housing causing an issue). In the meantime test the signal to the pins as I posted above.
Originally Posted by NFS
after hours of searching I found the wire harness under the transmission panel is pinched badly. I contacted the dealershiop
they told me its this part number gm part number 24298347. but its like 230 bucks..and its on back order.

any aftermarket harness I can find for cheaper?

thanks
Originally Posted by NFS
"The shop" damaged your wiring harness and "the shop" will not replace the harness?
Btw, My '07 transmission shifts great and never had any pinched wires.
You are all over the place with your posts, I need another beer!

Old 08-02-2019, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by NFS
He wont replace it but I found one that is 57 bucks it’s cheaper to replace than repair . But that’s how the wire harness look like and found it way cheaper , can I replace that my self or does it require special tool or way? Also they mentioned they have to relearn it?
You have a 20pin connector(you posted a picture above), the "57bucks" is a 13pin.. Call the number I posted above and make sure you get the proper connector or it's useless.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:04 PM
NFS

You have a 20pin connector(you posted a picture above), the "57bucks" is a 13pin.. Call the number I posted above and make sure you get the proper connector or it's useless.
Yes thank you , I got one from rockauto that is it for the 07 hummer h3 that have 20 pin connector I believe cus they said that fit for the 07 but ill
dpuble check

Old 08-02-2019, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by NFS
Yes thank you , I got one from rockauto that is it for the 07 hummer h3 that have 20 pin connector I believe cus they said that fit for the 07 but ill
dpuble check
That is only an external repair connector!

Last edited by hummerz; 08-02-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:55 PM
NFS

That is only a repair connector!

Lol no here I attached a pic of the item

Quick Reply: P0717 code