Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Option Combinations on the H3

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 10:43 PM
Default Option Combinations on the H3

I've decided to buy a H3. My ideal H3 is a boulder gray 3.7 manual with F&R lockers and a leather interior. As I understand that combination only could have existed in 2009 and I'm sure that if any exist at all there are very very few. I've accepted that I will probably have to compromise on my specifications, but I'm not sure about which ones and I have a few questions that will help me decide.

First question that would make all the others moot, is there a database of every H3 that ever rolled off the lot? A list of option Combinations would be perfect but even a list of VINs would be amazing. I assume the answer is no, but having one would make this a lot easier and it would be a shame if there was one and I never knew about it.

Assuming that is not the case, were the manual transmission, leather interior, and locker(s) even possible to get all on the same vehicle? I know a lot of manufacturers like to not allow certain option combinations like that; particularly the leather and manual combination.

I understand that all the features on the adventure package could be had on higher trim levels. Is there a name for that option group?

Can the front Locker be purchased from a GM dealer, and if so does the standard open diff housing accept the wire for it? What about the rear diff housing?

Did the 4.56 gears only come with the adventure equipment or could they be had separately?

Does anybody know of something close to my ideal H3 for sale? I've been looking on Facebook, Craigslist, Autotrader, and eBay with little luck. My order of priority for the specifications is (from lowest to highest):

Front Locker
3.7 Engine
Boulder Gray
Leather Interior
Rear Locker and 4:1 T Case
Manual Transmission

Thanks in advance

Old 10-19-2020, 09:36 AM

Welcome and you will find the search is your friend.

When I orderd my H3 back in 06 there was the base and there were options available. Like a tow package and auto trans or stick for example.

The Adventure package was the higher end and with certain options as well.

Find a vintage H3 brochure on ebay and you will find the options schedules

Old 10-19-2020, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Buchenrad
I've decided to buy a H3. My ideal H3 is a boulder gray 3.7 manual with F&R lockers and a leather interior. As I understand that combination only could have existed in 2009 and I'm sure that if any exist at all there are very very few. I've accepted that I will probably have to compromise on my specifications, but I'm not sure about which ones and I have a few questions that will help me decide.

First question that would make all the others moot, is there a database of every H3 that ever rolled off the lot? A list of option Combinations would be perfect but even a list of VINs would be amazing. I assume the answer is no, but having one would make this a lot easier and it would be a shame if there was one and I never knew about it.
No.

Assuming that is not the case, were the manual transmission, leather interior, and locker(s) even possible to get all on the same vehicle? I know a lot of manufacturers like to not allow certain option combinations like that; particularly the leather and manual combination.
Manual and leather interior is going to be very hard to find. Buy a 2009 Manual Adventure, then swap out the cloth seats from leather from a donor H3.

I understand that all the features on the adventure package could be had on higher trim levels. Is there a name for that option group?
The four I5 models are: Base, Adventure; Lux; and, Lux Off Road (lux interior with lockers and adventure shocks).

Can the front Locker be purchased from a GM dealer, and if so does the standard open diff housing accept the wire for it? What about the rear diff housing?
I would not buy anything from any GM dealer, lockers are available on line and GM used Eaton E Lockers.

Did the 4.56 gears only come with the adventure equipment or could they be had separately?
All I5 H3s have 4:56 gears.

Does anybody know of something close to my ideal H3 for sale? I've been looking on Facebook, Craigslist, Autotrader, and eBay with little luck. My order of priority for the specifications is (from lowest to highest):

Front Locker
3.7 Engine
Boulder Gray
Leather Interior
Manual Transmission

Thanks in advance
Good luck.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:12 AM

Old 10-22-2020, 04:03 PM

Thanks for all the info. Ill keep looking and if I get sick of waiting I may try the leather interior swap or just not worry about it.

Old 10-22-2020, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Buchenrad

Front Locker
3.7 Engine
Boulder Gray
Leather Interior
Manual Transmission

Thanks in advance
You will need a couple donors to build your Ideal H3.
I5 & Boulder Gray common
Manual '06-'08 not common
Manual '09-'10 RARE
Adventure Package not common
Tactical Edition RARE
Front lockers RARE
Leather Seat Trim not common

Build A 2010 Hummer H3 SUV

Build A 2009 Hummer H3 SUV

Build A 2008 Hummer H3 SUV

Build A 2007 Hummer H3 SUV

Build A 2006 Hummer H3 SUV

Old 10-22-2020, 08:08 PM

as somebody who searched hi/lo for an '09/10 manual H3, I can attest to^... in a year plus of srs searching, I saw exactly one 2010 5 speed adventure H3, and it was listed here for top dollar (sold quickly). Unless you live for the hunt of finding your unicorn, and don't mind waiting months/years for it to come along, Id suggest loosening your criteria to finding a clean, well maintained '07+ 5 speed and adding the leather/lockers if they're must haves... I scooped up an '07 five speed that popped up locally and I'm glad I did.