PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Default H3 questions

Hello all- obviously I am new to this forum. I wondered if some of you might be able to provide some insight to some questions I have.

I am thinking about replacing my Cherokee (217k miles) with an H3. I am looking at 2007 or 2008 models. I have always liked the H3, plus it fits one of my requirements for a new SUV that I can get it with a manual transmission. I wish I could justify an H1, but im just graduating and starting my first real job. With money, gas, and just the impracticality of the H1 in my present situation the H3 seems a good route.

since I will be buying used, I wanted to ask and see if there are any particulars I should look for. I want a 2007 or newer for the larger engine. As I said earlier, I want a manual transmisison. I want to be able to take it off road from time to time (although my CJ is still the primary wheeler... . Any issues I should be aware of?

Speaking of wheeling, does the Adventure package make much of a difference? Is the only difference the locker and 33's? Is an open or limited slip diffy stock? I would love to find one with the locker but it may take a while with my 5spd requirement. In all honesty, I propbably dont need the locker but hey, why not?!

Anyhow, thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

~J

Old 04-21-2009, 02:59 PM

The "search" function on this forum has been very helpful to me. You can go to the bottom of the page and expand your search all the way to the beginning of the forums which I think dates all the way back to 2006. I think the answers to all of your questions can be found with a little effort. I started at the beginning and worked my way up to present day and learned a lot. I hope this helps.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Locking diff makes a big difference if you are gonna wheel it. Otherwise its just baggage.

I believe you will have a tough time finding a stick with a rear locker, unless you are willing to travel. Not many sticks were made, and even fewer with the locker. You never know until you try? Good luck.