Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Multiple water leaks....helpp!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 06:28 PM
MJG
Default Totally soaked... water way laying above floor carpets

We had about 4 days of hair rain. I opened the door of my H3 and noticed a lot of water on the floor. We had a bit of an emergency happening so I dumped my rubber mat and jumped in. Hit my brakes at the end of the driveway and I had a waterfall come out of the sunroof. I did know the back drain tubes were clogged but I guessed my front ones clubs also. We took it to the GMC dealer and they blew out the front plugs and said they couldn’t get the back ones unclogged. They said that they had dried all the carpets. Wasn’t long after that it started dripping from the microphone in the head liner. Checked under the carpets again and soaked. I also checked under the rubber in the back. All the underpaid in the hummer was soaked. Squeeze it and it drips.
GM took it apart and cut the ends of the back drain tubes off. Bigger hole at the end of the tubes now.they did a water test and found that it was also leaking from the passenger door seal. Replaced it. They had it taken apart and dried the carpets again. When I got it home I checked the under pad at the back of the hummer. Still soaked. Took it back to GM ... they took it apart again. Three weeks later they again called me to tell me it was dry. Nope still wet. They called me today. Hummer hasn’t seen any water for three weeks... carpets have been lifted up with heater blowing on them for three weeks. I went down to pick it up. Again carpets still wet. Again hasn’t been near any water. I am starting to worry about mood. I have put $3000.00 towards this problem. I now have a free rental and they aren’t charging me ..cause I refuse to give them another cent. I think I have paid enough to have this fixed.
does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this carpet dried out. It is like a big sponge under there.
I have also attached pictures of the back drain tubes before and after.

Attached Thumbnails Multiple water leaks....helpp!!!-31edf791-36a1-4356-91a1-d00af8f22c37.jpeg   Multiple water leaks....helpp!!!-8f126502-9298-4b88-b867-090a5a710fc3.jpeg   Multiple water leaks....helpp!!!-92651039-5437-4fff-856d-ab627e3ce678.jpeg  
Attached Files
Old 03-26-2018, 07:11 PM

Keep the sun roof seals well lubricated with dielectric grease and at every oil change, pour CLEAN SHOWER in the drain tray. I have even been lucky enough to have CLEAN SHOWER open clogged H3 sunroof drains!

Old 03-27-2018, 06:55 AM
MJG

Yes, Gm and I have talked about doing that every oil change. Lol I work from home so I only need about two oil changes a year.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MJG
We had about 4 days of hair rain. I opened the door of my H3 and noticed a lot of water on the floor. We had a bit of an emergency happening so I dumped my rubber mat and jumped in. Hit my brakes at the end of the driveway and I had a waterfall come out of the sunroof. I did know the back drain tubes were clogged but I guessed my front ones clubs also. We took it to the GMC dealer and they blew out the front plugs and said they couldn’t get the back ones unclogged. They said that they had dried all the carpets. Wasn’t long after that it started dripping from the microphone in the head liner. Checked under the carpets again and soaked. I also checked under the rubber in the back. All the underpaid in the hummer was soaked. Squeeze it and it drips.
GM took it apart and cut the ends of the back drain tubes off. Bigger hole at the end of the tubes now.they did a water test and found that it was also leaking from the passenger door seal. Replaced it. They had it taken apart and dried the carpets again. When I got it home I checked the under pad at the back of the hummer. Still soaked. Took it back to GM ... they took it apart again. Three weeks later they again called me to tell me it was dry. Nope still wet. They called me today. Hummer hasn’t seen any water for three weeks... carpets have been lifted up with heater blowing on them for three weeks. I went down to pick it up. Again carpets still wet. Again hasn’t been near any water. I am starting to worry about mood. I have put $3000.00 towards this problem. I now have a free rental and they aren’t charging me ..cause I refuse to give them another cent. I think I have paid enough to have this fixed.
does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this carpet dried out. It is like a big sponge under there.
I have also attached pictures of the back drain tubes before and after.
OH BOY, I am soooooo happy that you felt it was necessary to dig up this SEVEN YEAR OLD Thread to post your question.

Check out this thread on necro-bumps. https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/

To dry out carpet and pad, remove it from the vehicle, spread it out on the floor (in the sun outside if possible) and run a fan on them for a couple days.

We have a search function, please try that.... you might find this thread: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-tubes-28548/

or this one:
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-tubes-33050/

Old 03-27-2018, 09:44 AM

This is a carpet video I found on you tube for the h3 - looks fairly simple but hey it always LOOKS easy - lol

Old 10-29-2021, 10:13 PM
Default I thought I was alone !

I am literally going through the same exact thing this thread caught my attention with the OnStar microphone from the get go.

current situation it’s getting worse both of my floorboards are soaked I’ve even gone as far as putting thick pads inside of the microphone because it pours out like a Fossett I’ve had the door seals replaced that is not solve the problem either.

The dealership I bought it from also decided it was the only solution to seal my sunroof completely shut that is also not accurate.

Word of advice is don’t let anybody seal your sunroof because all that’s happening is it is basically collecting a mini pool up there and now is leaking inside of the windshield

i’ve had several different dealerships and local mechanics replace every type of seal try to determine the problem try to clean out the hoses etc. I’ve done everything for the last six months and none of the solutions have worked

if somebody has a genius plan or some sort of way to help the situation I would definitely like to know please include me on the thread

Old 11-01-2021, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bwilliams
I am literally going through the same exact thing this thread caught my attention with the OnStar microphone from the get go.

current situation it’s getting worse both of my floorboards are soaked I’ve even gone as far as putting thick pads inside of the microphone because it pours out like a Fossett I’ve had the door seals replaced that is not solve the problem either.

The dealership I bought it from also decided it was the only solution to seal my sunroof completely shut that is also not accurate.

Word of advice is don’t let anybody seal your sunroof because all that’s happening is it is basically collecting a mini pool up there and now is leaking inside of the windshield

i’ve had several different dealerships and local mechanics replace every type of seal try to determine the problem try to clean out the hoses etc. I’ve done everything for the last six months and none of the solutions have worked

if somebody has a genius plan or some sort of way to help the situation I would definitely like to know please include me on the thread
Genius plan???? Like digging up and OLD AS DIRT THREAD so you can tack on your question?

How about let's pretend like you did a search and you found this thread and you have your answer. Finally, a fix for clogged sunroof drain tubes FIX your clogged sunroof drains!

Or you Googled it for the vids and more info on the same old same old fix.