PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Power door lock troubles HELPP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Banned
Default Power door lock troubles HELPP!!!

Alright folks, what gives?? I just unlocked my 03 H2. It opened the driver door then died. Doesnt open or close the doors. So I manually locked the car and it seems that the two door locks are off track. The ignition key doenst go into the driver door all the way. The passenger door lock seems to be totally off track. It just spins. This mechanical situation is probably a separate issue due to the fact that I used power unlock all the time. Called AAA to open the car. Key assemblies i can deal with but what happened to the remote? Any easy answers? Battery is new. Changed it out 2 times. Is there a fuse for the power unlocks? My main power toggle on driver door works fine. Ops forgot to say just got the hummer 2 weeks ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

Old 01-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Banned
Default RE: Power door lock troubles HELPP!!!

I should have fixed the key cylinders before operating the keyless unlock and lock. It seemed to be working fine when I bought the vehicle. Well first things first. I will be removing the key cylinders and having them rekeyed to the car key. There is a great site. Google" removing door panels H2". After that fix then ill go after the keyless remote. Thinking its the receiver. Ill keep you updated. I cant believe noone has had trouble with their keyless remotes xD

Old 02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned

Well I ordered the online manual and rustled throught the pages. Found out that the fob sends a different signal to the vehicle every time I push it. Or something like that. All I had to do was press the lock and unlock buttons simultaniously for 5 seconds. Presto, it works. Also there were directions to add new keyless remotes. Pretty good online manual. Wish they had color pics tnough. Should I plug them? hmm