Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Hummer H3 beaseline dyno test.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:38 AM

Great job Broken! Can't wait for you to do an Alpha! To what would you attribute the -2 for the K&N filter? Very surprised you didn't test an Air Doc in your intake tests

Old 06-05-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Great job Broken! Can't wait for you to do an Alpha! To what would you attribute the -2 for the K&N filter? Very surprised you didn't test an Air Doc in your intake tests
It's hard to say. I think it's because it's oil. It will protect the engine longer than a paper filter and maybe even preform better over time.

I also wonder if it's how it's mounted in the H3. Them panel filters are made to have air sucked strait through them and in the H3 the air kinda flows across the panel before it gets sucked through it. You can see this with older filters how the dirty mark is a long oval shape and not a circle like you would suspect it would be.

As for the Air Doc. I spent a lot of time and money searching for these products to test. Most of them I found used. Some I even had to modify the MFS to make it work on a 2008 when the part was for a 2006. Also Air Doc has tested his on a Dyno and has his numbers. Time on the dyno cost money so theres no point in testing something we already got information for. For the price the Air Doc is the best bang for your buck.

Our next goal is to have the fastest I5 H3 by the end of summer. There's a company in AUS that has a 14+ second H3. I think I can beat that. I got everything I need except some transmission parts that I don't want to install myself.