Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Heating

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by NFS
4 Row Aluminum Radiator Compatible with 2006-2010 Hummer H3 H3T 2009-2012 Chevy Colorado 2006-2012 GMC Canyon 5.3L V8 with Shroud Fan and Relay Kit https://a.co/d/4Fu2Cy7

bought this big guy but I think the fan may be not strong enough to pull thro it like someone said here ? Cus it’s 4 row and it’s huge and even tho the Efan is 2250cfm still may not be enough for it and the condenser ? If rhat the case I’ll return it and back a 1 row
The link posted does not go to any radiator/fan.

Old 09-14-2023, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

It is definitely one of those "You get what you paid for it" situations.

Taint, just enter the description in Google and and see FleaBay.

Old 09-14-2023, 03:08 PM
Old 09-15-2023, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

The link does not work for me either......... but either way, INHO you need more CFM from the fan. You might be able to salvage what you have with a higher output puller fan and be good. Lots of 16" pullers available at 3000 CFM that don't break the bank. Search "high output 16" electric puller fan" and see if it helps.

You could add flappers too it you want to do it up.

Old 09-20-2023, 09:43 AM
NFS
Default Update I

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
The link does not work for me either......... but either way, INHO you need more CFM from the fan. You might be able to salvage what you have with a higher output puller fan and be good. Lots of 16" pullers available at 3000 CFM that don't break the bank. Search "high output 16" electric puller fan" and see if it helps.

You could add flappers too it you want to do it up.

so here is the update I returned the aluminum radiator and put a brand new oem radiator I put a 2800cfm or whatever power fan . When the fan kick it I can put a paper or leaf infront of the grill it and it will suck it and stay sucked that shows how it sucking pretty good airflow . Still same ****inf heating issue, so so far I have new radiator , brand new coolant, water pump , thermostats and belt and belt tension and efan that pushes 3000 yet the hummer is at 3/4 mark ! Changed oil with mobile one and mobile one oil filter .Why just why!? It was 80 degrees this morning so it wasn’t that hot and it was at 3/4. Il burp the coolant system again this evening so o see if there is air still in there but for the love of god. The thermostat I put was motorad open at 187F I even drilled a tiny hole that some folks recommended to help getting rid of air bubbles and such

anyone knows a damn fix to get her back to the half mark ? She used to be half mark no matter how hot it is and no matter if ac is on or off now we are at 3/4

Last edited by NFS; 09-20-2023 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-20-2023, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

3/4 on the idiot H3 Temp gauge is normal. Drive on. Scan it for actual temp before you get all worked up about normal.

When was the last time you changed the Trans Fluid & Filter?

Old 09-20-2023, 10:32 AM
NFS

3/4 on the idiot H3 Temp gauge is normal. Drive on. Scan it for actual temp before you get all worked up about normal.

When was the last time you changed the Trans Fluid & Filter?
last time roughly about 2 years ago I don’t driver her much when I checked the transmission fluid still very red not like dirty or anything and I did put it on the scan o am getting 220-225
which exactly 3/4 roughly and again it wasn’t like that before it was on half mark always doesn’t go more than 190-195

out of cariousity what transmission fluid have to do with coolant and the temperature of engine ?

Old 09-20-2023, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Miles since last change is a better measure than time, and current miles would also be helpful.

A HOT Trans will heat up your coolant in its exchange through the Radiator. Heat and crud is the killer of Transmissions. Recall the other thread Overheat? Posted By MadDogBimmer89 that then morphed into his Transmission Temp 235F, where should I start? Thread.

Let us not forget your prior 1/2 marks were in a cooler State.

Old 09-20-2023, 02:31 PM
NFS

Miles since last change is a better measure than time, and current miles would also be helpful.

A HOT Trans will heat up your coolant in its exchange through the Radiator. Heat and crud is the killer of Transmissions. Recall the other thread Overheat? Posted By MadDogBimmer89 that then morphed into his Transmission Temp 235F, where should I start? Thread.

Let us not forget your prior 1/2 marks were in a cooler State.

oh wow but yes the transmission fluid still very clean and yes it was consistsnt at a cooler state but when u moved to florida it wasn’t that bad but now I feel it’s getting worse and worse I was still close to the half mark maybe little more not 3/4 lol

Old 09-21-2023, 12:02 PM

Download the Torque Pro app, get a OBDII dongle off Amazon and you will know the actual coolant temp and trans temp. For Less than $40 you can have piece of mind.
Or
Get a ScanGauge 3
Amazon Amazon

or ScanGauge II
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Heating