Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Heater control bulb change. Dash removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Druth
Hey thanks for the post it was a great help. I have an 08 H3 which has socket type bulbs in the HVAC instead of soldered in. Can anyone provide a source for replacement bulbs and bulb specs. Were did you come up with 12v 0.62w? I wonder if my bulbs will be the same? Dealer doesn't sell replacement bulbs but will be happy to sell the entire control unit for $400 bucks.

Thx
check post #59...
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...e6/#post306026

Old 09-26-2014, 10:21 AM

You can purchase the socket type LED bulbs from superbrightledcom. They are the 4mm. You may want to purchase the amber for the cool white look more of a blue tone where as the amber will tie into the dash better. Here is the link. Also test the unit before completely re-installing sometimes you may have to rotate the bulb 180 degrees for it to work. Good luck.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...r,NEO4,21,240:

Old 09-26-2014, 10:58 AM

This is my next project - so f'n cool

How many bulbs per target?
Dash, HVAC, Windows/locks ,etc

Type and color?

Last edited by atari800; 09-26-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by atari800
This is my next project - so f'n cool

How many bulbs per target?
Dash, HVAC, Windows/locks ,etc

Type and color?
its one per...sorry, its been a while so I forget how many there are total...I bought the 8 pack I linked and did all of the dash (white btw, and they look/illuminate perfect) and have I think 3 left for the windows if/when? Since the new looked/matched so well I didnt dig into the switches until they need it.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:36 PM

Did you get the 4mm superbright leds?

Regular or high powered?

Old 09-28-2014, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by atari800
Did you get the 4mm superbright leds?

Regular or high powered?
I bought the incandescent (link in post 59)...I personally did not like the led light and look and these looked exactly like oem, but just a bit brighter. I preferred the warmer fuller light vs the more intense/pinpoint if I'm describing it ok? The led color was funny/different too...kinda like the diff between halogen headlights and the kits out these days. I hope I'm explaining well enough. And to be fair, when I did it there were very few options as these type bases were not widely available, but I tried the ones I linked and led version (not high intensity btw) and I vastly preferred the ones I linked.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:09 PM

I'm assuming that if I got the twist in bulbs to replace in my climate control, that those are the same bulbs for my window controls as well? Also, do the rear window controls (in the back seat) illuminate? Both of mine don't, and I'm not sure if they're supposed to or not.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Default please help

Originally Posted by CS_ADVENTURE
and some pics.
they are a better color match in person.
4wd switch is next. not touching the radio as it will be replaced.
my friend did his h3 in red.
Attachment 6950

Attachment 6951

Attachment 6952

Attachment 6953

CS ADVENTURE;

Congrats on your awesome instrument cluster color!

Can you please send me a write up on how you performed this? I have read and re-read multiple threads, from multiple websites. I have since bought like 50 LED lights, some with resisters, some that are 3mm, some that are square shaped. All are ready to be installed, with no clear instruction.

Please help! A step by step would be much appreciated. Maybe financial reimbursement?? If needed

Old 09-30-2014, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by norinco3264
CS ADVENTURE;

Congrats on your awesome instrument cluster color!

Can you please send me a write up on how you performed this? I have read and re-read multiple threads, from multiple websites. I have since bought like 50 LED lights, some with resisters, some that are 3mm, some that are square shaped. All are ready to be installed, with no clear instruction.

Please help! A step by step would be much appreciated. Maybe financial reimbursement?? If needed
some of this is pretty tricky.
pm me your phone number and I can go over it with you via text or on the phone.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:45 AM

Exactly how many bulbs will be needed to swap them all (window switches, HVAC, Dash, Light switch, etc.)? Is it 4mm bulbs for all of them? I've got one HVAC bulb out and would like to go ahead and replace them all

Thanks,
Spencer

Quick Reply: Heater control bulb change. Dash removal