Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Heater control bulb change. Dash removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 12:13 PM

This is a great thread, thanks to all who gave input. What is the total bulbs for the center console, dash cluster, and power windows?

Last edited by vroomazoom; 12-21-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:29 AM

Hey guys,
Just wanted to thank everyone for this thread. I just replaced my bulbs with factory type incandescent bulbs and it looks perfect. Aside from trying to get the HVAC unit open, it was really simple and easy. Anyway, for those interested I found the bulbs fairly easily on eBay. Here's a link to the ones I bought. They come with little blue condom thingies that I guess protect the bulbs for shipping purposes. Hummer H3 2005 2010 A C Heat Climate Control Window Switch Bulbs Kit 6QTY | eBay

Last edited by jtphoto; 02-15-2015 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Default Thanks for posting

New member here and would like to say thanks for sharing. Doesnt look like too hard of a project to take on with just a lil bit of soldering and a few of the 4mm led bulbs.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by cjyoung111
New member here and would like to say thanks for sharing. Doesnt look like too hard of a project to take on with just a lil bit of soldering and a few of the 4mm led bulbs.
Welcome! No soldering even necc... just order the right bulbs and it's really easy .. they twist lock into the sockets. My previous post links the bulbs and a tip on opening the HVAC unit. Again, welcome!

Old 04-20-2015, 01:48 PM

Bulbs are on ebay and easy to find. It's a very easy job to do. Just did mine and it took 20 minutes. The master winDow controls are easy too. However, I need to go back in because one windows down function can't be done by the master anymore. Must have made the contact dirty or something

Old 09-20-2016, 07:47 AM

Amazing info. Thank everyone.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:12 PM

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted here. I'm a complete car repair novice and I was able to change out my bulbs on the hvac and now they're all working great. I got the bulbs off of eBay so I didn't need to solder anything. The only annoying issues I ran into was a metal clip holding the head unit to the hvac once I took the middle console apart, and getting the plastic clips off of the hvac unit to get into the circuit board. I had to use 2 screw drivers at the same time. I also used a flat head screw driver to tighten down the replacement bulbs in the same groove on the bottom of them so I didn't accidentally hit the circuit board. Thanks everyone!

Old 11-24-2017, 04:44 PM
Default Better Idea

I know it’s been a while since you posted but I was having the same problem with mine recently. There’s a auto parts junkyard in Elgin Illinois which is available online called Elgin super auto parts. There, I just bought the control unit for $75. I noticed that after going through 2 control units, all the same lights are out. This leads me to believe that it’s not the control unit yet the wiring instead. So, in about a week or two, I’m going to have my auto electrician monkey around with this and a new BCM for a separate issue. I’ll let you know how it goes for future reference.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Gizel
I know it’s been a while since you posted but I was having the same problem with mine recently. There’s a auto parts junkyard in Elgin Illinois which is available online called Elgin super auto parts. There, I just bought the control unit for $75. I noticed that after going through 2 control units, all the same lights are out. This leads me to believe that it’s not the control unit yet the wiring instead. So, in about a week or two, I’m going to have my auto electrician monkey around with this and a new BCM for a separate issue. I’ll let you know how it goes for future reference.
Post is a bit off topic...but first I'd check the actual bulbs and see if they are blown before replacing the unit or looking too far downstream

Old 11-25-2017, 02:49 PM

The HAVC IS easy to take apart go slow. they take the same bulbs that the door switches take you can find them on ebay. if they dont light up turn them 180 deg and reinstall.

Quick Reply: Heater control bulb change. Dash removal