Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Heater control bulb change. Dash removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=X_DIZZY_X;262677]Would these work?

Eiko 12V .06A/T-1 Wire Term 7219 * | Auto (Automotive) Lamp[/

Answer: YES, but those bulbs were half the size of what I pulled out of the truck....

I will tell you all that I just finished this job - thanks to all the previous posts, it was more or less a straightforward task. The (3) bulbs were soldered into their 3 individual little black plastic receptacle - and not soldered directly into the cir board.

The receptacles unscrewed easily from the board, and then it was a small delicate chore to unsolder the bad bulb's wires from the tiny metal clips holding it onto the recept, remove the bulb, thread the new bulb wires through the black plastic receptacle, relocate the metal tabs, resolder etc etc etc etc. Piece of cake for you electronics guys. Pain in the *** for this guy more accustomed to brake jobs and stereo upgrades.

Anyway:

1. Thanks for the previous pics, BIG HELP
2. The 7219-12V-.06A bulbs in the link above were half the physical size of the original OEM bulbs.
3. That said they worked perfectly and I can't tell the diff from the orig.
4. They were extremely inexpensive and come in a box of ten for $.59 each box. But when I ordered them, the company called me to say min order was ten boxes, plu $10 shipping. So bottom line, I had to buy 10 boxes of ten bulbs for total $15.
5. I replaced the burned out bulb - only - put everything back, and found an adjacent bulb burnt out. That was weird.
6. I took everything out and replaced the other burned out bulb. And then decided to do the third, which I prob should have done in the first place.
67 It's been a week, and everything works great.

I also have 97 spare bulbs. If anyone needs some, or maybe you have a model railroad layout of the Vegas strip...PM me. Happy to send some along.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:45 PM

I think somebody screwed up where you ordered your bulbs. I think their ad is saying $.59 per bulb, minimum 10 bulbs. Looks like you got $59 worth of bulbs for $5.90! Good going!

Old 04-04-2012, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by wixomhead
4. They were extremely inexpensive and come in a box of ten for $.59 each box. But when I ordered them, the company called me to say min order was ten boxes, plu $10 shipping. So bottom line, I had to buy 10 boxes of ten bulbs for total $15.
Did you get the reps name by chance ?

Old 05-12-2012, 01:02 PM

Wixomhead,

Thanks for sending me the bulbs. Just replaced them works great. Except the indicators for rear defrost, ac, and fresh air do not work. Have to investigate this now.

Dan

Old 05-13-2012, 04:44 PM

I bet it's just a loose plug. Odd that all three led indicators would go out, but then again, what the hell do I know. Not much.

P.s. those little bulbs I sentya are still working great on my H3. Hope you get it all sorted out.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:46 PM

In response to your original question on removing the trim; starting low on the trim panel side using a credit card to open the gap between the trim panel and the dash surround enough to insert a broad flat table knife blade. Then pry out up enough to get a couple fingers behind it. There are a couple clips near the lower edge, a couple in the middle, and a couple near the vent openings. It comes out easy if you just pull outward gently working your way up. Everything is plastic, easy does it.

Some one suggested putting a finger in each 12V outlet and pulling out...he must be a serious bowler or something because the only thing I succeeded in doing with that method to pull a tendon in my hand.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:15 AM

Jens fix worked great. I bought the NEOx from superbrightleds and the cool white looks light blue....If I would have been thinking I probably would have went with the amber led instead of the cool white. I am near their store occasionally so I may pick up the amber and try them to see if it looks better

Old 05-09-2013, 02:13 PM

Digging this thread up to ask all of you who have used the NEOx LEDs a question.

On their website they list two available options, the standard (5 lumen) and 'high power' (15 lumen) bulbs - which ones have you guys used and are they pretty much in line with the light output (not color) of the OEM bulbs?

TIA.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Default Buld

I myself used the 15 lumen. The only thing I would have done different is went with the amber instead of the cool white.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by swbabb
I myself used the 15 lumen. The only thing I would have done different is went with the amber instead of the cool white.
Thanks for the reply, do you find the 15 lumen bulbs are close to the OEM output in terms of brightness? I don't want to have the console lights overpowering in terms of comparing them to gauges light up with OEM bulbs.

Quick Reply: Heater control bulb change. Dash removal