Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

H3 Horn Chirp at lock not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Are you using an oe 10335583 rke?
It's the original one. Back of the fob says Delphi 10335582-88.

It also works to change the RFA settings so I dont reckon the rke is the issue?

Old 04-01-2021, 01:55 AM

Oh wait I've just thought of something. Does it have anything to do with the driver door actuator? My actuator is dead and I have to manually lock the driver door with the key. The rest of the doors lock with the fob as they should. I also think my tail gate actuator is dead but I'm yet to confirm that.

Do you think that could affect it? I mean I have locked the driver door first with the key and then used the fob to lock the rest with no chirp, but I'm just wondering.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Nonibot
Oh wait I've just thought of something. Does it have anything to do with the driver door actuator? My actuator is dead and I have to manually lock the driver door with the key. The rest of the doors lock with the fob as they should. I also think my tail gate actuator is dead but I'm yet to confirm that.

Do you think that could affect it? I mean I have locked the driver door first with the key and then used the fob to lock the rest with no chirp, but I'm just wondering.
That might affect it. Replace them and see if it works.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nonibot

Would have been helpful from the start. Pretty sure the BCM has to receive confirmation from the actuator (position) and door closed sensors to command the chirp.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Would have been helpful from the start. Pretty sure the BCM has to receive confirmation from the actuator (position) and door closed sensors to command the chirp.
Yeah possibly, it only clicked now that it could be a reason. I'll replace and update soon.
Thanks a bunch guys! I'll update soon.

Old 04-01-2021, 01:22 PM

Soooo I just made another discovery.
I noticed some weird taped wires going in front of the radiator while I was trying to pull my grille out, and at a closer look I found that there are two horns directly connected.The main harness was out but the wiring from it was used to run both horns.

Both horns look factory but I think the H3s came with a single horn and the previous owner must have coupled another factory horn for some reason coz it doesnt seem any louder than one's I've heard otherwise.

My horn works just fine from the steering but I'm now pretty certain that this workaround has something to do with the missing chirp.

I guess a trip to an auto electrician is due to really know what's going on 😩 idk but this just makes me mad haha

Old 04-01-2021, 02:49 PM

Just for the heck of it disconnect one horn. Maybe the amp draw from the extra horn is too much for the 'chirp' signal. Possibly the steering wheel button works because that's going thru a different circuit that can handle the extra load.

Last edited by Broken Halo; 04-01-2021 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:44 PM

Old 04-02-2021, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

I've got the PIAA 85115 LOUD SPORTS HORN SUPERIOR BASS (SET OF TWO) - 330hz & 400hz set on my 09 Alpha and they beep twice, but I also have an aftermarket remote entry/start.

The factory H3 horn SUCKS! Sound like a pregnant Goat moaning if you are close enough to hear it.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
I've got the PIAA 85115 LOUD SPORTS HORN SUPERIOR BASS (SET OF TWO) - 330hz & 400hz set on my 09 Alpha and they beep twice, but I also have an aftermarket remote entry/start.
^^^^^^^Exact same setup I have, (pic not updated), for alarm chirp or to give someone a gentle nudge not moving at a green light. When I'm pissed off I've got the four of these!

Last edited by Broken Halo; 04-02-2021 at 10:46 AM.

Quick Reply: H3 Horn Chirp at lock not working