Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

H3 Horn Chirp at lock not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 07:49 AM
Default H3 Horn Chirp at lock not working

Hi guys,
07 H3 from the Middle East. So I searched the forums and found the method to turn on different settings for the light flashes and horn chirps at locking/unlocking but it does NOT seem to be working for me.
Mine was initially set to RFA1 which I changed to RFA2 and RFA3 but the horn chirp just doesnt activate. The lights flash as usual but no horn regardless of the setting.

What am I missing?

Old 03-31-2021, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome.

My 07 never had any horn chirp and I never wanted one. Might want to read the owner's manual.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Welcome.

My 07 never had any horn chirp and I never wanted one. Might want to read the owner's manual.
I did look at the manual and I did the thingi to activate it as well, but didn't work. I can switch between options between RFA1 to RFA4 but only the lights flash with no chirp

Old 03-31-2021, 09:45 AM

Does the horn work?
Once the desired mode is shown on the DIC display, briefly press the reset stem to set your choice. The DIC display will then clear.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Does the horn work?
Once the desired mode is shown on the DIC display, briefly press the reset stem to set your choice. The DIC display will then clear.

The horn works, and I've already dont these settings as I mentioned but still no chirp. Currently set at RFA3 but just flashes.
do you reckon I remove disconnect the battery and touch terminals perhaps?

Old 03-31-2021, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nonibot
The horn works, and I've already dont these settings as I mentioned but still no chirp. Currently set at RFA3 but just flashes.
Disconnecting and touching battery terminals together does NOTHING for GM vehicles. It's a BS interweb thing. An H3 stores the last 300 ignition cycles power or no power, touching terminals together, dancing around a camp fire, clicking heals together.............. might make you feel like you did something, but not.

Good luck.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Disconnecting and touching battery terminals together does NOTHING for GM vehicles. It's a BS interweb thing. An H3 stores the last 300 ignition cycles power or no power, touching terminals together, dancing around a camp fire, clicking heals together.............. might make you feel like you did something, but not.

Good luck.
well, a lot of people with H3s have solved weird electrical issues by doing that but I've been skeptical.
I cant seem to make sense of why mine isnt chirping and I really need that.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nonibot
Press lock 2x for horn.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Press lock 2x for horn.
done that, doesn't work

Old 03-31-2021, 05:12 PM

Are you using an oe 10335583 rke?

Quick Reply: H3 Horn Chirp at lock not working