PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 braking on its own and "ABS Fault/Stability System Failed"

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Default H3 braking on its own and "ABS Fault/Stability System Failed"

Well, here we go. After driving around checking out storm damage to the area, a "ABS Fault/Stability System Failed" message came on. There were no codes on my Scan gauge. Everything seemed fine until I turned the truck off then on. After driving one block the brake pedal began making a popping noise similar to when the ABS kicks on. A few seconds later a louder popping type noise came from the drivers front wheel and the truck slowed quickly as if the brakes were automatically being applied. Being only a block from home I decided to limp it home. Interestingly enough, this only happened when in drive, not reverse or neutral. I found this out by accelerating until it happened again and again and popped the trans into neutral. Backing in the driveway was no problem either.

I have found links here, but not with the brakes seemingly automatically being applied......thoughts...? Oh yeah, the truck is an '06 H3 Lux with and auto trans.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:50 PM

when mine did that, my wheel bearings were worn. I would have it checked, adn replace immediately

Old 11-22-2013, 08:51 AM

Throttle control sensor or throttle position sensor, either way it malfunctioned and the ABS was being applied to the affected wheel.