Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

BCM Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Does it crank when you turn the ignition to the start position?
No, not at all.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:58 PM

Still think you may have a tapped wire. First check MEGA FUSE and all the atm fuses seated, to verify voltage same as battery, KOEO.
Also, KOEO scan and post any codes!

Fuse check:

Old 04-24-2021, 05:42 PM

So I checked all fuses yesterday for continuity. I did not check the relay's though. I did verify the with an ohm meter that the fuses that have power are reading the same as the battery. I will say it was very few that actually showed power with KOEO. I'll tell you what, this is harder than figuring out a women. 😮. Next problem I have run into is the OBD port is not reading the OBD II reader. Comes back with an "Error". I know it is getting power, it's just not reading. I will say that confirms the PCM needs replacing. I am ready to sell this POS. F*CK this.

Old 04-24-2021, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Thatsgr8
So I checked all fuses yesterday for continuity. I did not check the relay's though. I did verify the with an ohm meter that the fuses that have power are reading the same as the battery. I will say it was very few that actually showed power with KOEO. I'll tell you what, this is harder than figuring out a women. 😮. Next problem I have run into is the OBD port is not reading the OBD II reader. Comes back with an "Error". I know it is getting power, it's just not reading. I will say that confirms the PCM needs replacing. I am ready to sell this POS. F*CK this.
I'll take it! How much do you want for it?
Check voltage while ignition is in the start position, here's a video of mine(12.4v/10.4v):

Old 04-24-2021, 07:11 PM

I'll take it! How much do you want for it?
Check voltage while ignition is in the start position, here's a video of mine(12.4v/10.4v):

https://youtu.be/XjPF4WEu-co
Yeah I'm not selling it. Just very frustrated with it right now.

Old 04-24-2021, 07:14 PM

Yeah I'm not selling it. Just very frustrated with it right now.
Do you get a voltage drop with key in start position?

Old 04-24-2021, 07:27 PM

Do you get a voltage drop with key in start position?
No voltage drop in the start position. I did remove the fuse cover and could feel the Start/Run relay clicking on and off as the key was cycled. I am still leaning towards the PCM. Here is a funny one. The dome lights do not come on with the door. The map lights work. When I unlock the truck with the remote, the dome lights come on. Once I try to start it, the dome lights go off with doors open.

Old 04-24-2021, 07:34 PM

Here is a funny one.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:13 PM

I watched this one this morning. Don't know if you remember I just had my entire dash out to fix an HVAC box problem. There were a few tapped wires but they were cut off at the tap before I bought it. I removed the taps when the dash was out. I know every single wire under there is original and nothing aftermarket is installed.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:43 PM

I watched this one this morning. Don't know if you remember I just had my entire dash out to fix an HVAC box problem. There were a few tapped wires but they were cut off at the tap before I bought it. I removed the taps when the dash was out. I know every single wire under there is original and nothing aftermarket is installed.
I can't see your wires under the dashboard?
You should have a voltage drop when key is turned to the start position. Check/verify:
Test the theft deterrent system.
Jump into the drivers seat with all doors closed.
Use the rke to lock the doors.
Look at the cluster, security indicator should be flashing(pic below).
Manually unlock the drivers door and open.
Does the horn sound?

Quick Reply: BCM Issues