Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

BCM Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 08:48 PM
Default BCM Issues

Reading through the threads here I found the same exact problem I have that I cannot figure out. 08 Alpha 126,000 miles. I do not have a sunroof so no leaking and cause a short. I get dash lights when key is turned to Acc. No flashing pass code lock, shuts off after about 10 seconds. The info below was copied from the post I read. Here is the link I got it from. Only electronic additions is a head unit and LED headlights, fog lights, & tail lights. https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...et-cost-42411/ Looking for ideas. Thanks.

Has anyone had a factory reset completed at a GM dealership on their H3? Took my 08' Alpha in because I bought a new BCM and required programming. Received the car back without signal lights no I/P display lights, and fog lights flashed when turned on when I drove it home that night. Next morning pulled the ground battery cable maybe it would reset the security system . Unsuccessful, I had 08' Alpha towed back to Dealership. Told tech needed more time troubleshooting, in reality spent little time with vehicle & tech had some reason to leave early (holiday's) so minimal work completed. Brought car back home & found battery voltage at 9.75 volts, tech had not even check the basics. Re-installed old BCM. Before new BCM replaced SRS light illuminated and interior light did not function when any doors opened. Tomorrow will tow back to dealership demand a Factory rest from GM. Lost confidence on tech working on my H3. Told a call to GM corporate will need to be made for the factory reset & a minimal fee of 200.00 with be incurred. Just want my H3 back with old BCM & be able to drive it. Now it doesn't start. I/P display works but NOTHING happens.. any thoughts?

Last edited by Thatsgr8; 04-18-2021 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:13 PM

Tracking devices are most often installed by dealers who sell cars to buyers with a low credit score that does not qualify them for a traditional loan. The money for these loans usually comes from the dealers themselves or from subprime financing institutions. Due to the risk factor involved, many of these loans come with a stipulation of having a tracking device installed.

These devices are generally split into two categories: tracking-only devices which can only passively track the car, and starter-interrupt devices (SIDs) which can interrupt the starter and prevent the vehicle from starting. Most vendors sell both or offer the interrupt service as an add-on. These devices generally start under $100, going up slightly as options are added. Along with the purchase price, dealers usually pay a small monthly fee for the service, based either on a flat rate or on the number of lookups performed by the dealer or lender.

Installation of these devices is fairly simple and is usually performed by authorized installers, stereo shops, or dealership employees. The device are composed of a main control unit that requires power and ground and an external GPS antenna routed to provide the best possible reception. The devices are usually hidden away under the dash, preventing owners from finding and disabling them. Most loan agreements include a provision intended to prevent tampering.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Tracking devices are most often installed by dealers who sell cars to buyers with a low credit score that does not qualify them for a traditional loan. The money for these loans usually comes from the dealers themselves or from subprime financing institutions. Due to the risk factor involved, many of these loans come with a stipulation of having a tracking device installed.

These devices are generally split into two categories: tracking-only devices which can only passively track the car, and starter-interrupt devices (SIDs) which can interrupt the starter and prevent the vehicle from starting. Most vendors sell both or offer the interrupt service as an add-on. These devices generally start under $100, going up slightly as options are added. Along with the purchase price, dealers usually pay a small monthly fee for the service, based either on a flat rate or on the number of lookups performed by the dealer or lender.

Installation of these devices is fairly simple and is usually performed by authorized installers, stereo shops, or dealership employees. The device are composed of a main control unit that requires power and ground and an external GPS antenna routed to provide the best possible reception. The devices are usually hidden away under the dash, preventing owners from finding and disabling them. Most loan agreements include a provision intended to prevent tampering.

So does that mean the tracking box ALSO controls some (only some) of the electrical such as the dome lights, stereo, and headlights but not the DRL which work. Because none of those work either. Yes, the battery is charged. It was load tested at a parts house. I will say you have already mentioned the tracking device before in one of my other posts about the same thing being installed. There is NO tracking device at all. Only dealer I can think of which would install such a device is a Buy Here Pay Here establishment. I just had the entire dash out including the HVAC box which needed repair so I know for a fact there is nothing installed.

Last edited by Thatsgr8; 04-18-2021 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:07 AM

"GMC sierra 1500 with 240,000 miles. the other day got in and it started, ran for 10 seconds and died. Did this several times. It will always start run five to ten seconds and die. No check engine light on when running.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update on my issue

I ended up taking it to a shop that had the ability to hook it up to a computer that could talk to all the modules. The ECM was fried. The aftermarket stereo module that lets the door chimes, on star and steering wheel controls work is what took out the ECM.

It wasn't communicating or letting the communication happen like it needed to be. Replaced the ECM with a used one and left the stereo out and back to normal."

Old 04-18-2021, 11:15 AM

"GMC sierra 1500 with 240,000 miles. the other day got in and it started, ran for 10 seconds and died. Did this several times. It will always start run five to ten seconds and die. No check engine light on when running.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update on my issue

I ended up taking it to a shop that had the ability to hook it up to a computer that could talk to all the modules. The ECM was fried. The aftermarket stereo module that lets the door chimes, on star and steering wheel controls work is what took out the ECM.

It wasn't communicating or letting the communication happen like it needed to be. Replaced the ECM with a used one and left the stereo out and back to normal."
Does the ECM need to be programmed? Is the ECM and PCM the same thing.

Last edited by Thatsgr8; 04-18-2021 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:46 AM
Old 04-18-2021, 11:48 AM

Would you trust this place on eBay? Price is very good for sure. Also, does this need to programmed by the dealer or is it plug and play?

Last edited by Thatsgr8; 04-18-2021 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Thatsgr8
Would you trust this place on eBay? Price is very good for sure. Also, does this need to programmed by the dealer or is it plug and play?
Did you read the listing?

This listing for E67 19210737 Engine Computer that will be programmed to your VIN with newest updates. This part is compatible with the following numbers/
12590032 12602044 12603530 12605843 12607096 12630457 19210737
Include your 17 digit VIN number at "massage to seller".

-IMPORTANT:
match your ECM/PCM service number before purchasing.
This module needs 30 minute security key relearn (NO scan tool needed) to start the engine, and it may need crankshaft variation relearn (code p0315). You will need a scan tool capable of doing this relearn.

We offer 6 month warrantyon this item.

Old 04-18-2021, 02:31 PM

Did you read the listing?

This listing for E67 19210737 Engine Computer that will be programmed to your VIN with newest updates. This part is compatible with the following numbers/
12590032 12602044 12603530 12605843 12607096 12630457 19210737
Include your 17 digit VIN number at "massage to seller".

-IMPORTANT:
match your ECM/PCM service number before purchasing.
This module needs 30 minute security key relearn (NO scan tool needed) to start the engine, and it may need crankshaft variation relearn (code p0315). You will need a scan tool capable of doing this relearn.

We offer 6 month warrantyon this item.

Yes I read all of that. Thank you! Does the H3 need the crankshaft variation relearned

Old 04-18-2021, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Thatsgr8
Yes I read all of that. Thank you! Does the H3 need the crankshaft variation relearned
Again, did you read the listing?
"it may need crankshaft variation relearn (code p0315)."

You have been chasing issues since the aftermarket stereo installed. Did you remove the stereo and recheck? Maybe too late? Btw, the seller has a great reputation, and has sold thousands of modules, also from the great state of O-H-I-O. Just make sure, first to verify service number on your pcm, then during purchase, before you checkout, to add a message to seller which includes your vin.
"This module needs 30 minute security key relearn"

After started/running, if you get a CEL with code p0315, you will need to perform crankshaft variation relearn.

Baby step #1: get it running!

Quick Reply: BCM Issues