Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

AC Blower fix

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 04:13 PM

Hello to all. Just fixed my burnt blower motor wire connector got to it from the floor.I used blue small spade connectors that I soldered on. About .30 in parts & hours work.3 months & 6000 miles over warranty. So far this repair,a radiator,and a battery.Not to bad for 3 + years & 56000 miles.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:39 PM

Cdobis here.
Just want to say how proud I am of everyone of you that fixed that blower problem yourselves! Great Job! Keep posting, lets see what everybody else is doing to fix this obvious GM design problem.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:29 PM

Ok, I earmarked this just in case it ever happened and this weekend the number 4 position on the blower quit working. It's fine 1 - 3 but go to highest #4 and it just quits. Is this the fix for that? Best I could tell this fix was if the blower quit altogether.. One and the same?

Old 09-21-2010, 01:22 PM

Slumlord,
It very possibly could be this problem. Look under the dash under the glove box. You will see the red connector hooked to the resistor which is screwed into the blower housing with two screws. If you see ANY burnt or dark wires, that will probably be your problem. If all wires look good, you may have a bad resistor which you can replace yourself also, two screws. Each wire has a purpose there. Power or individual speeds.
Let us know what you find and take pictures if you can. Let's help each other with this obvious GM design fault.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:58 PM

I'm gonna check this out as soon as I get back to town. Its parked in airport parking in Shreveport right now. I'm in Anniston AL and the Homeland Security's Center for Domestic Prepardness. I'm in a WMD class playing with real live VX, Sarin and GB in level A suits and SCBA's all day. They pull blood at 5am and then we have to pull blood again at end of day to make sure no contamination. Sweated out 10lbs today... Should be back Sunday, Monday and will take a look at it... Where is this resistor? or is it the resistor on top of the plug in block like in the pic?

Old 11-06-2010, 11:23 AM

I replaced the fuse first, then the resistor, motor relay and still no blower! Has anyone replaced the blower yet? I have my H3 in the driveway now troubleshooting and the blower looks like it is very tight to remove. Help!

Last edited by Ole Yeller; 11-06-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Banned

try putting 12 v on the motor b4 removing it., it should have 12,see below, try grounding the resistors

lots of parts wires,switch, relay on motor,resistors,AND that component on back of resistor pack is a one time thermal fuse i guess. if it opens,nothing happens.

details; +volts go to motor thru relay 87,fuse82. motor - goes to resistors and sw. u can ground any wire on resistors to ground the motor. if no spin, its the fuse,relay,or,,,last,motor. the HIGH speed is direct ground thru hi sp relay ON the motor

Last edited by drtom; 11-06-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:36 PM

drtom thanks for the info. I put a meter to the harness going to the motor and it has 12V @ 1,2,3 but not at 4. So the motor is getting power but still doesn't turn. Oh, and I put a new wiring harness in today ($40 @ HUMMER dealer). Should have checked the power first, but I got ahead of the solution. Now what? Remove the blower? I looked at it tonight and it looks tight, not sure how to remove. Has anyone removed the HVAC blower on an H3?

Old 11-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Banned

did u ground the resistors?

the sw should ground the res wires for various speeds
just use a wire from ground to any res wire to check the motor

there is an open in the -,ground side,sw,res conn?

tom

Last edited by drtom; 11-10-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: follow up
Old 11-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Thumbs up

wow it worked my hummers blower went out and i did what u said and it worked wow thanx man

Quick Reply: AC Blower fix