Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Replaced Driver's Seat Cushion and Cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by fastNYsix
How did you get your cover to fit? Maybe they're better now. I had major fitment issues with Richmond leather. I ended up sending the seat covers back, they were so terrible. I even used a new gm cushion. They claimed they pattern theirs off a new oem cover.
I didn't have a problem, I mean everything was super tight but the tighter the better to keep the creases out of the leather. I watched the youtube videos and attached the back first then the front then the sides and finally the rear corner hooks. That's too bad you had a hard time. When it was all over, I'm glad I'm not in the upholstery business as a career but the leather on my '07 looks a lot better and after 15 years the original was due for a replacement.

I looked at Katzkin leather which I have in my Jeep Wrangler but they were too expensive for a complete package + installation when all that I needed was the seat cushions.

Old 01-20-2022, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by finall
The way you get it to fit is to buy an OEM skin. Not aftermarket. Even then you may have fitment issues. The new skin needs to be STRETCHED to fit. (As you can see was not done in the OPs photo above. )
I wish I could find a new oem cover.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:20 AM

Most upholstery shops use a steamer when installing to help with stretching/relaxing the leather. Also for headrests, a vacuum with a plastic bag over the foam is the trick for those to compress the foam. Getting the armrests off is a bit tricky. If looking for info like on Youtube, etc on doing it yourself, look for replacing leather on a Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, etc as those are orders of magnitude more common and use essentially the same style seating.