Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My 2007 h2

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 02:16 PM

That does serve the same purpose. None in my opinion are as good as the factory harness though.... I really like that the factory one mounts right to the fusebox too versus something that is obviously aftermarket tacked on somewhere. BP Automotive is a good company though. I bought the AC switch kit needed for my 99 GMC from them. In any case you still need to have them enabled in a custom tune (which you need anyways with the cam, built transmission, ect. anyways). Any tuner can easily enable them. Both EFI Live and HP Tuners which is what the majority of of the custom tuners use have the tables built in for enabling the fans. Don't let a tuner try to charge you extra for it either. It is literally another 2 minutes when they are editing the tune to enable the fans...

This goes into it well here - https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ontrol-553385/

I've bought one from this guy before - he does a great job. Fully separated out from the main harness, cleaned, new loom installed, etc. https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-515849/page6/
I'm not sure if he is still selling them though. He was selling them on multiple GM truck and SUV forums though. You can search scottyboy fan harness and find him on multiple boards. He might be more active on some boards than others.

This guy on performancetrucks also sells the harnesses with the fans too. https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...denali-550558/
He appears to be sold out right now though.

Pic is the alternate fuse box cover housing.... It is GM Part #15215145 - Incredibly one company is still selling them new for just $20 shipped on eBay.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/262984042005

This is identical to the one you have now except the added little removable cover on the triangular bit towards the firewall. This pic along with the pics in the links of the harnesses people sell should put your mind at ease on it....
When I did the one on my GMC I even opened my stock harness loom up and ran the wires in the stock loom just as they should be. Really a bit fiddly to do but worth it. I want something that I know is going to be just as reliable as the factory did and that is what I have. I've not done it yet but I have the fans, harness, etc all here to do the same on my H2 once I have my GMC back on the road.

Oh and here is another nicety... guy on perfomancetrucks machines a custom cap for the water pump snout that looks pretty nice. He also makes machines plugs if you bypass the trans cooler built into the radiator to plug the holes that leaves in the radiator. A bit spendy but they are nice...
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-552234/page2/

Last edited by MixManSC; 07-14-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:25 PM

Did I do something wrong?Mixman I just went to order it and this is what I got? I just sent seller a question and included your picture! I really want mine like that

Last edited by maxjeep; 07-14-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:43 PM

Wait - if your IS a 2008 than I'm not sure....

I can say this - if yours is identical other than not having the extra cover on the corner than yes it will fit. I'm not sure if the new generation 08/09 models have a different fusebox though. This cover fits 1999-2007 GM trucks and full size SUV's including the H2 for sure.

As far as eBay's vehicle parts matching system. Yours did not come with the fans from the factory so that is technically the wrong cover for it. I've also seen other actual errors in their system as well.

Last edited by MixManSC; 07-14-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Wait - if your IS a 2008 than I'm not sure....

Yours did not come with the fans from the factory so that is technically the wrong cover for it.
Mine is a 2007 but I entered 2008 for check fit because I thought that’s what is on the 2008 with the electric fans?

Old 07-14-2019, 02:52 PM

You are good then.... Order it. I just looked and this will not fit a 2008 at all. Different electrical system and fuse box. While the 08/09 came with electric fans, they are setup different than ours. You need to do things for a 03-07 GM truck in this respect. The factory style harness for the fans with the relays that fit under that cover that I also linked are the type you woudl need for yours as well.

The one thing I'm not 100% sure on, yet, is if the harness will be the right length for everything as the harnesses are intended for the GM trucks and SUV's which all have the same basic chassis. Ours are identical as far as the engine, electrical system, PCM, and some other things go but the positioning of some things might be a little different. Worst case is some of the wires, like to the fans, might need to be extended. I dont think they will but until I install mine I cannot be certain. Even if so, if done right with proper water-tight heat seal type connectors it would be perfectly fine.

Old 07-14-2019, 02:58 PM

Ok so you’re saying that it’s just like the one in the picture that you posted and it is the one I need for my 2007? Another question is I’m getting the fans off of a 2008 Denali so if they can pull the fan harness out, will that work for me? That’s a really hard question and I probably should say do you think it will work or is there a certain year that is needed?

Old 07-14-2019, 03:21 PM

I just ordered the lid and it should be here by the 18th. Thank you for finding it Mixman. It will be awhile before I need it but it’s nice to get everything together as you find it.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:37 PM

Due to the electrical system differences I'm not sure the harness from a 2008 will work..... I doubt the relay module will be the same either and fit in the right place under that cover. I'd venture to guess the fans would probably work but I'm not even certain on that. Its possible on the later year models they went to a PWM controlled system or something. I just cannot say for sure as I've never bothered trying to find out as the electrical systems are totally different on 08 (and even some late 07 GM trucks) and later models. I know 100% that the 2003-early 2007 models are the same.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:41 PM

I can’t even find images of a 2008 fan harness. I know the fans have the right plug but without seeing the 2008 fuse/harness I would say it’s probably different like you said earlier Mixman.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:54 PM

I found this for a 2008 Denali and it’s way different and part of the main box.

Quick Reply: My 2007 h2