Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Heated seat keeps turning on.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Default Heated seat keeps turning on.

My drivers side seat heater keeps coming on, I turn it off and it comes right back on. Cold out right now so I don't mind but anyone run into this. I figure I'll just pull the switch and clean the contacts and replace if that doesn't resolve it but curious if others have run into this.

Old 01-24-2024, 09:25 PM

You need to set the “memory” of the seat. I doubted this sage advice when I first heard it… basically just press and hold 1 on the seat memory. I would bet that resolves your issue
seems to happen sometimes if you disconnect the battery for any reason also….
(memory control on the drivers door) 3 seconds and you should hear a double chime.

Last edited by Chrmer3; 01-24-2024 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:30 PM

BOHICA

The heater switches, heater LEDS and seat heaters interact via software, so Chrmer3 may be correct, certainly worth a try first.

If not, other possibilities are:-
  • Faulty heater switch, you could try unplugging DDM connector C5 (Green), however this also disconnects the Seat LEDs and Global Windows, so check if the seat gets warm.
  • Commonly the DDM electronics become contaminated or corroded (moisture), from this point its tricky the module is easily removed and dismantled and if you're lucky the contamination will be visible and can be cleaned-off using a soft brush and IPA. If you get to this stage let me know and I can advise further (pictures of the top of the main PCB will help)
The operation is as follows:-
  • the Seat Switches are read by the DDM.
  • the DDM sends the switch status to the BCM.
  • the BCM communicates with the DDM which sets the Seat LEDs accordingly.
  • the BCM communicates with the Driver Memory Seat Module (DMSM) does some checking (heater current, seat temperature) and instructs the DMSM to set the heat levels.

Hopefully is will be just a memory seat issue.

Good luck 👍

Old 01-27-2024, 08:00 PM

Thank you for the replies, sadly setting memory was not the easy fix I hoped for.
I'll move on to oceanbrave suggestion next, it sounds like it's my issue based on the existing threads I've read.
At least it started happening in January instead of June.

Old 01-28-2024, 07:45 AM

i had the same issue going on as well.....it took several resets but if finally worked on the 3rd try