Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 Key fob options

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 03:17 PM
Red face

Originally Posted by Dave in Maine
I couldn't either. No remote start button on this flip key, just lock, unlock, and panic. Always wondered if there was a way to get the panic button to learn the remote start signal instead. I was going to install a remote starter on my 2003, but hate carrying extra bulk on my keychain, and really like my flip key/remote combo. If you find and all in one with a remote start button that's compatible with the H2, please let me know. Been keeping my eyes peeled for years.
I honestly was going to go with a Push start button install, no key needed, and it wither works with a credit card sized key or a little poker chip looking thing but I dunno anyone who would install it here in Houston,

as for auto start option I was going to go with viper and be able to do it from phone

Old 08-03-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by julijulez24
I honestly was going to go with a Push start button install, no key needed, and it wither works with a credit card sized key or a little poker chip looking thing but I dunno anyone who would install it here in Houston
Nice. For an install, my local GM dealers service manager is really good about installing any after-market parts that I want, if you don't mind paying the dealer labor rates of $95 an hour. I'd guess here at least he'd probably charge about 2 hours labor for a push button starter. Might give yours a call and see if they can give you a quote. I was always under the impression that if it wasn't a GM part then they wouldn't touch it, but wasn't the case.

Last edited by Dave in Maine; 08-03-2020 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:25 PM

Nice. For an install, my local GM dealers service manager is really good about installing any after market parts that I want, if you don't mind paying the dealer labor rates of $95 an hour. I'd guess here at least he's probably charge about 2 hours labor for a push button starter. Might give yours a call and see if they can give you a quote. I was always under the impression that if it wasn't a GM part then they wouldn't do it, but wasn't the case.
those were my thoughts exactly. if it wasn't GM they wouldn't touch it or they would install it but no warranty if it stops working all of a sudden.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by julijulez24
those were my thoughts exactly. if it wasn't GM they wouldn't touch it or they would install it but no warranty if it stops working all of a sudden.
I almost always supply him with whatever parts I need, mostly because of price. Just the other day i took it in for a rear passenger window regulator. Dealer price was $365, just for the part, not including labor. Ordered an after-market one on fleabay for $46, he installed it for just the cost of 1 hour labor. I don't know if they all do that, because I thought the same thing, but he has no issues at all installing non-GM parts or doing custom work for the flat labor rate. I'm sure they wouldn't offer a warranty on non-GM parts, but for the price difference, I can afford to replace most things more than once, lol.

Last edited by Dave in Maine; 08-03-2020 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:30 PM

I almost always supply him with whatever parts I need, mostly because of price. Just the other day i took it in for a rear passenger window regulator. Dealer price was $365, just for the part, not including labor. Ordered an after-market one on fleabay for $46, he installed it for jut the cost of 1 hour labor. I don't know if they all do that, because I thought the same thing, but he has no issues at all installing non-GM parts or doing custom work for the flat labor rate.
thats awesome man, ill give mine a try as soon as I get my truck back from mechanic, it has some electrical issues. Thanks

Old 08-04-2020, 02:35 PM

If yours supposedly has remote start but the fob has no button specifically for that, it is likely an add on setup that uses the stock remote. I think they are generally setup to recognize a button being held for several seconds to start it from the fob or something along those lines where they use the stock remotes.