Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

front end noises/rubbing noises

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 01:16 AM
Default front end noises/rubbing noises

hey guys i have recentlly been hearing some front end noises on my 2003 h2. i dont know if its just because ive been paying mpre attention or because maybe one of the noises got louder causing me to notice these noises but i noticed these a few days ago and my mechanic checked wheel hub and cv and said it was fine and we went to a parking lot and did some driving and turns and all seemed fine but i think road noise masked the noise. also parts ive changed within the last year include:
moog lower ball j
moog upper control arm with ball j
moog tie rod and ends
mechanic said pitman feels tight still

well today at night i went driving and i dont know if this is me or paranoia or what it is but i feel like i heard a swoosh swoosh noise and i can only hear it when im slowing down and the speedometer is close to 0 so i assume i hear it between 5-10 mph. maybe it is still present at higher rpm/speeds but i dont know cuz my exhuast/engine noise could be hiding it. also i noticed when i am turning right while driving at slow speeds like when u are normally taking a slight right turn or whatever while driving i heard a rubbing noise i feel like it is. it doesnt seem to do it at fiull stop and maybe it does it at fastr speeds but i think engine noise could be hiding it. i checked and dont see any tire rubbingor anything

i think firstly ill remove the front undercage splash thing and see if that fixes it otherwise i wanted your guys opinion on this

1. can i just keep driving and just not pay attnetion to it and then when it gets loud or worse enough that its actually pin pointable that i can just replace that part?or is that bad for my front end because it seems like its going to be hard to trace
2. what do u think it is? or should i just drop the $ and replace hubs and cv's because they are all stock so far i beliueve on my 200k mile vehicle

thx

Old 08-04-2020, 01:22 AM

btw ive only lubricated ball joints and tie rods, anything else i am forgetting that maybe can fix this?

Old 08-04-2020, 02:31 PM

see it the stabilizer bar is rubbing during turning. you will notice shiny spots on it

Old 08-04-2020, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
see it the stabilizer bar is rubbing during turning. you will notice shiny spots on it
thanks for the reply way I’ve noticed that but it only happens there when it’s lockout or near lockout. I started limiting my near lock out maneuvers every since I noticed the shiny.

Siemthung however still sounds like it’s rubbing on half turns