Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 DRL Enclosures

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 02:13 PM

The fogs I installed in place of the DRL's have halos and I connected those to the DRL connectors and then used a wireless relay switch to cut the fogs on/off.

Here is the cool thing though. I need to find the right one but there are many of the wireless relay switches that use the same frequency as Homelink does and you can program the three Homelink buttons on the ceiling console to cut things on/off. Just doo the connections under the hood, set the Homelink buttons to programming mode and link them to the relay module. Basically one of these
https://www.amazon.com/INSMA-Wireless-Channel-Receiver-Transmitter/dp/B01CCSG2ZY/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=wireless+12v+relay&qid=1564599673&s=gateway&sr=8-3 https://www.amazon.com/INSMA-Wireless-Channel-Receiver-Transmitter/dp/B01CCSG2ZY/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=wireless+12v+relay&qid=1564599673&s=gateway&sr=8-3

The key is to determine if for sure it will work with Homelink for one. The other is making sure it does the functions you need. The one I linked con be configured but some might only work in interlock mode which would require one Homelink button to cut something on, then a second button to cut it back off. Momentary (non-lock) will cut something on as long as you keep holding the button. Self-lock will cut something on with one button, press the same button again to cut it back off (this is what you want). There are also potential things to consider. Some might be truly latching - in other words if you cut the ignition off the device will stay on versus reset to off, inching modes for gates, etc.

The way a buddy of mine set his up is he is using one of these to directly run a couple of accent lights (very low draw) and then uses another channel to trigger a heavier duty relay for a light bar, etc and has the module on an ignition powered wire so nothing will be on if the key is off.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
The fogs I installed in place of the DRL's have halos and I connected those to the DRL connectors and then used a wireless relay switch to cut the fogs on/off.

Here is the cool thing though. I need to find the right one but there are many of the wireless relay switches that use the same frequency as Homelink does and you can program the three Homelink buttons on the ceiling console to cut things on/off. Just doo the connections under the hood, set the Homelink buttons to programming mode and link them to the relay module. Basically one of these https://www.amazon.com/INSMA-Wireles...gateway&sr=8-3

The key is to determine if for sure it will work with Homelink for one. The other is making sure it does the functions you need. The one I linked con be configured but some might only work in interlock mode which would require one Homelink button to cut something on, then a second button to cut it back off. Momentary (non-lock) will cut something on as long as you keep holding the button. Self-lock will cut something on with one button, press the same button again to cut it back off (this is what you want). There are also potential things to consider. Some might be truly latching - in other words if you cut the ignition off the device will stay on versus reset to off, inching modes for gates, etc.

The way a buddy of mine set his up is he is using one of these to directly run a couple of accent lights (very low draw) and then uses another channel to trigger a heavier duty relay for a light bar, etc and has the module on an ignition powered wire so nothing will be on if the key is off.
Now that's what you call slick! nice buddy,