Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 DRL Enclosures

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Default H2 DRL Enclosures

My daytime running light enclosures really look bad. I managed to remove them, wet sand them with 2000 and polish so the clear plastic looks great but the chrome plating on the inside is shot. Cleaning attempts inside did nothing but make them worse. I checked the part numbers and trying to find factory replacement are totally crazy.

Has anyone attempted to use the many so call Hummer replacements advertised on ebay for jeeps. Seems they don't look like they would fit.

Suggestions please! Thanks

Old 07-03-2019, 07:14 AM

I purchased OEM ones on Amazon a few years ago.

Tim

Old 07-03-2019, 07:15 AM

There is nothing that will just bolt in and fit great. They are an oddball size and not much of anything off the shelf will fill the pocket without leaving a sizable gap all the way around. Many have done other mods though using various light with various ways of mounting them and various methods to fill the gap around the edge. What I found were some aftermarket LED driving lights for a Tundra that actually fill the pocket very well that have both a driving light function and a DRL halo. But it took me fabricating some custom brackets out of aluminum, custom wiring, running a switch (to actually use the driving/fog light part), etc.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:42 AM

I was debating cutting the assembly open and trying to fit an hid projector in there somehow.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:14 AM

usually they use heat to open light housings. they put them in an oven at a certain temp for a few minutes.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
usually they use heat to open light housings. they put them in an oven at a certain temp for a few minutes.
Seems even if I could get the lens off I see not easy way to repair the reflector material other then paint it with an aluminum paint that would look like crap.
The projector idea is interesting but I wonder if there is enough depth to fit them in.

If anyone has performed some type of mod that actually looks nice post the pic's
Thanks

Old 07-03-2019, 12:20 PM

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...l-today-40358/

This was my fix for the DRL's on my 08, like yours the reflective material was in very bad shape and looked terrible

Neal

Old 07-03-2019, 01:21 PM

HID is great for headlights but would be massive overkill for DRL's unless you plan on not having DRL's and using them as driving lights (which the average person that sees an H2 thinks they are anyways). DRL's are not required here so personally I'd not be worried about not having them. If someone cannot see a massive H2 coming at them, they probably should not be on the road anyways. lol

Old 07-03-2019, 02:29 PM

Have them wired to a switch or headlights and/or drl, then wire a relay for high beam to switch the gate solenoid in hid projector to have full hid. You get double high beams. I did this on another car, except it was a two bulb headlight. Wired hid projector in place of low beam halogen, then on high beam the gate in the hid opens and also high beam halogen is on. Insanely bright on high beams, but doesn't blind traffic on low beams. Added fuses and relays of course.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by legerwn
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...l-today-40358/

This was my fix for the DRL's on my 08, like yours the reflective material was in very bad shape and looked terrible

Neal
Wow, very nice but I think I would need to go back to school just to figure out the math, haha. Very resourceful to say the least. Great work!

Quick Reply: H2 DRL Enclosures