Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Aftermarket Headlight and Foglights

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Default Aftermarket Headlight and Foglights

Needing pointers on the best bang for my buck for aftermarket headlights and fog lights, complete housings. Looking for something that’s easy to install and looks good. Have considered a few on Amazon to order just haven’t bit the bullet. Any help is appreciated. Pics would help if you can provide them, thanks!!

Old 10-01-2019, 04:46 PM

This is for a 2003 Hummer H2, thanks

Old 10-01-2019, 07:10 PM

There are no fog lights on H2's for any year. You wanting aftermarket bolt on ones or are you thinking about the daytime running lights? There is pretty much nothing to fit the DRL pockets - many of us have come up with are own custom solutions but there is nothing off the shelf that just fits and plugs in. For headlights, most any 7" round ones fit no problem - you will need H4 plug adapters and probably will have to trim the bucket behind the headlight a tiny bit. Very easy and cannot even be seen.

Old 10-02-2019, 07:49 AM

I have 7" USA made Trucklite headlights, I bought the required H4 adapter but they fit without any modifications. They are great and have been in for 5 years now.

Old 10-02-2019, 07:52 AM

Ok thanks! Anyone have any suggestions for foglights? The oem ones on mine are in pretty bad shape and the driver’s side one is broken. Would be willing to replace with oem ones but where can you get them?

Old 10-02-2019, 09:47 AM

There are no fog lights on a H2. The GM Part number for the daytime running lights is 15258697. Google that number. It looks like they can still be bought for around $125 each. Those are the only thing that are a direct fit. Anything else will have to be custom fit. If you want to use them as actual fog lights you will have to run your own wiring and switch to control them and not plug them into the factory wiring.

Old 10-02-2019, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
There are no fog lights on a H2. The GM Part number for the daytime running lights is 15258697. Google that number. It looks like they can still be bought for around $125 each. Those are the only thing that are a direct fit. Anything else will have to be custom fit. If you want to use them as actual fog lights you will have to run your own wiring and switch to control them and not plug them into the factory wiring.
Thank you... i don’t know why i keep referring to them as fog lights when i know the correct terminology is running lights, habit i guess... anyways I’ll prollly order something and make them fit as $125 a piece seems to be a rip off.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:27 AM

Yeah they are high. The biggest issue most run into is that everything aftermarket is either too small and leaves quite a bit of gap around them. I posted in the past about the ones I found. Would have to search and find the thread but they are aftermarket led fog lights for, if I remember right, a Toyota Tundra. Very close in size and have a "halo" which I connected to the stock DRL wiring, and then ran a switch for the fog lights so I actually still have DRL's plus fog lights.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Yeah they are high. The biggest issue most run into is that everything aftermarket is either too small and leaves quite a bit of gap around them. I posted in the past about the ones I found. Would have to search and find the thread but they are aftermarket led fog lights for, if I remember right, a Toyota Tundra. Very close in size and have a "halo" which I connected to the stock DRL wiring, and then ran a switch for the fog lights so I actually still have DRL's plus fog lights.
Gotcha, thanks for the response. Appreciated!!

Old 10-03-2019, 03:52 PM

I have some 24 watt truklites I would sell but honestly the Amazon ones are just as good. I've been running them with the small DRL strips on the top and bottom of the light for a few years without issue. Also, for the DRL's I make my own out of standard 4.5" round LEDs using threaded rod, no hacking or cutting up the stock bumper.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Headlight and Foglights