Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Garage Kept/Low Mileage H2 Hoses and Belts Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Albass77
My 2005 H2 drives just fine. No problems now. I知 just looking ahead because I ran into some money and just wanted to avoid any future issues, if possible, by replacing any aging parts on this 17 years old beast.
My Goldman Sachs account raised savings interest again today. No need to waste money until needed. Just make sure to check alll fluids level/condition. You can also get a>>>>> free auto inspection.

Old 08-17-2022, 07:54 PM

Thanks for the advice gentlemen. I really appreciate the insight.

Old 08-28-2022, 08:32 AM
Default Looking at purchasing low mileage 05

Thanks for info. We are looking at a 05 with just over 40,000 miles and was wondering about that very issue. What all will need done out of the block. Sounds like we will find out as the girl let痴 us know. It looks clean and well taken car of. I guess time will tell.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:13 PM
Default Engine Bay pictures of my 2005 H2

So, I just replaced the vapor canister, purge valve solenoid, and the vent solenoid. Blew out/suck out all associated lines to remove all the charcoal bits. I was finally able to refill my tank with ease. Drove around for the weekend making numerous stops. No problems. I知 a happy camper.

A week later, I started it up, and what do ya know? Engine check light is on. Drove to Advanced Auto to get scanned.

Error Code P0053 - HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 1 Sensor 1.
Error Code P0445 - EVAP Large leak Detected.

So Error code P0053 means that there is a problem with the heater element circuit of the heated
oxygen sensor. I understand that there痴 4 oxygen sensors in total. Two Upstream and two downstream. Question: Should they all be replaced if one went bad? Where is this sensor located? Can I still drive even if it痴 short distances?

Error code P0445 Evap leak. Since I recently replaced the vapor canister and such, does the error code need to be reset or maybe there痴 another problem. I thought perhaps I値l replace the gas cap just in case.

My H2 drives just fine. No noticeable issues.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by Albass77; 08-28-2022 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-28-2022, 05:16 PM

Only ones where you want to be very cautious about running the engine or driving are codes that make the check engine light flash. Flashing check engine light is severe knocking detected that could potentially cause engine damage. Generally speaking, if there is a potentially catastrophic issue the vehicle will also go into limp home mode which will probably restrict to to like 30 mph.

I'd just replace the one O2 sensor. It is the drivers side upstream one. They are not terrible to get to, but you might need an O2 sensor socket and will probably want to hit it with some penetrating oil the day before. O2 sensors are on the exhaust pipes - upstream are between the exhaust manifolds and catalytic converters, downstream are just after the catalytic converters. I'd of course make sure nothing somehow snagged the wires to it or something though.

If the evap code was from before you changed the evap stuff then yes, it can just be cleared. I'd clear it regardless and if it comes back up then maybe one of the pipes or something lost an o-ring or did not fully click all the way back on when you replaced them or possibly, if you used very high pressure air on the lines when blowing them out, possibly you may have blown the other end off of a fitting.

Old 08-29-2022, 11:18 AM

When you buy an O2 sensor, opt for an OEM or AC Delco sensor, the cheap stuff online is usually crap.