Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Garage Kept/Low Mileage H2 Hoses and Belts Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 07:42 AM
Default Garage Kept/Low Mileage H2 Hoses and Belts Replacement

Hello everyone. New member here. I値l be retired in a few weeks and my garage kept 2005 H2 will be my primary vehicle. I have 32,000 miles on the vehicle and I知 in need of suggestions/recommendation for whether or not I should replace all of my hoses and belts due to their age and any of parts that may need addressing. Thanks.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:49 AM

just drive it..... it will let you know what it needs

Old 08-15-2022, 01:06 PM
Default Parts to replace

Hi there just wanted to ask when was the last time you drove the truck or how long it痴 been since it was driven. Wow 38k on the 05 that痴 super low, it probably still looks new. Our 05 H2 is at 442k.
depending how it was stored or what outside elements it was exposed to, its hard to say without driving it and putting some miles on it.
look for any leaks, squeak during and after the ride. Have any pics of the engine bay? I壇 love to see what your truck looks like.
D

Old 08-15-2022, 01:57 PM

It値l go over a month or two before I drive it. Usually to pick yard supplies from Home Depot. But I値l be driving it more often now that I知 retiring. It痴 always been kept in the garage. No off-road driving, just city driving. I just replaced the vapor canister and it痴 associated parts because I have issues with slow refueling. Just trying to be proactive and head off any dry rot hoses and belts. I値l mainly use my H2 for short distance to local shops and stores. I値l send pictures when I get home from work.

Old 08-15-2022, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
just drive it..... it will let you know what it needs

Old 08-15-2022, 07:44 PM

My 2005 H2 drives just fine. No problems now. I知 just looking ahead because I ran into some money and just wanted to avoid any future issues, if possible, by replacing any aging parts on this 17 years old beast.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:18 AM

I just went through the same thing with my 2006 with 67k on it.
5 new BF Goodrich tires to replace the 10 year old tires with 3/4 tread. it hurts to do that, but a good investment.
All the fluids replaced including the much needed brake fluid flush.
New GM radiator and new belt and hoses.
New Bilstien Shcoks, sway bar bushings.
Deleted the oil cooler lines.
I feel much more confident it taking it on a trip now.

Old 08-16-2022, 09:33 AM

Great to hear. Also great suggestions too. I replaced the tires about a year ago, so I知 good there. Think l値l get the brake lines flushed and new belts and hoses. Did you do any of the work yourself and if so, we池e the belts and hoses doable? I知 not a mechanic but I値l take a look at it to see if I can do it myself. Thanks.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:49 PM

I have done a ton of work on our truck. Had to invest in tools and watched a ton of videos.
we have done the following on our 05, basically brought it back to a daily driver.
- all fluids and all the hoses and belts
- water pump, front main seal (I forgot to do the oil pump, silly me), clutch fan
- all oil lines, transmission cool line, power steering lines, master break cylinder, break booster, all suspension, all new break lines, all new rotors, dust shields, tank straps, my gosh the list is long I知 probably only half way, head gaskets, I basically rebuild ours. Newer transmission was done at a shop. Point is, I have done all of that outside on my driveway and I知 not a mechanic. Hope you don稚 have to do too much. With that little miles you should be good for a long time.

Old 08-16-2022, 05:44 PM

I purchased a 2003 with 55k miles on it a while back that the person drove maybe once a month or two. Like some have said, start driving it and you will quickly find out what "needs" to be replaced versus just dumping money into something that works just fine. For mine, I replaced the plugs immediately and eventually had to replace an O2 sensor fairly quickly. Other than that, the thing runs like a champ and I've been DDing it for over a year now without need of replacing every hose and belt in the engine bay just because it was "older."

Quick Reply: Garage Kept/Low Mileage H2 Hoses and Belts Replacement