Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Blend Door issues? Here are your answers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 05:50 PM

Do not walk, RUN out of there. They have lost their minds and are either totally incompetent or are trying to rip you off. Take it to another dealer. None of the blend door actuators require doing anything at all under the hood.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Do not walk, RUN out of there. They have lost their minds and are either totally incompetent or are trying to rip you off. Take it to another dealer. None of the blend door actuators require doing anything at all under the hood.
I agree. Discharging the A/C to replace an actuator makes absolutely zero sense to me, sounds like a ripoff. I just did this job today and it wasn't that bad. I definitely wouldn't pay a dealer to do it even if I was lazy, it requires removal of the dash and I'll guarantee they'd break at least one part, and the interior parts are too hard to come by to risk it. Also, I got a new AC Delco actuator off eBay for $50. I'd never done this before and it only took me 2-3 hours (the other 3 actuators are easier to get to than the one I changed). So the $2400 sounds like they're just trying to screw you becuz you own an H2.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:25 PM

For the cam mode actuator located to the left of the steering column that controls the defrost to vent, can your tell how you were able to access the actuator and what has to be removed to replace it? I just want to make sure I know what I’m doing before starting the job!

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry D’Angelo

Old 12-05-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by larrydangelo
For the cam mode actuator located to the left of the steering column that controls the defrost to vent, can your tell how you were able to access the actuator and what has to be removed to replace it? I just want to make sure I know what I’m doing before starting the job!

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry D’Angelo

It is located approximately here:

Here is a shot from laying underneath where the foot pedals are:

It is the only 1 of the 4 that are on the drivers side so when you see it you'll know. You don't have to take anything apart of the interior except the 2 bolts off of the actuator and unplug the wiring. They look like this:

Old 12-05-2018, 10:54 PM

I’ve been able to locate it looking up and under the driver’s side dash but it is virtually inaccessible to reach? It looks impossible to reach the bolts securing it in place as there is very little room to fit my hand up to reach it? What parts of the driver’s side dash should be removed in order to get to it? I greatly appreciate any help you can give me!

Larry

Old 12-06-2018, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by larrydangelo
I’ve been able to locate it looking up and under the driver’s side dash but it is virtually inaccessible to reach? It looks impossible to reach the bolts securing it in place as there is very little room to fit my hand up to reach it? What parts of the driver’s side dash should be removed in order to get to it? I greatly appreciate any help you can give me!

Larry
I mean you can start taking things apart if that will help you, but it is possible to get it off without removing anything. Just be advised that this is the easy one to get to. When it comes to the passenger side actuators, you are basically working blind with way less hand space than this one, and have to take literally everything apart. You need an 8mm box wrench, and you just need to feel for the 2 bolts and attach the wrench, then take your time to work them off. After the bolts are off, you unclip the plug and pull the actuator off. When I was changing the one on the passenger side I also felt it was impossible at first without cutting the vent out, but you just have to have a lot of patience.

Old 12-06-2018, 12:16 PM

Thanks, I’ll give it a try without removing the dash. I ordered the part number you referenced so will see how it goes!

Again, thanks for your assistance.....

Larry

Old 09-11-2020, 11:46 AM

[QUOTE=2buything@live.com;320891

Symptoms
*Heat on both passenger and driver side
*Reducing the temperature dial to 60 increases the blower and blows hotter than setting the temperature dial to 90
*Could hear the ambient temperature fan above driver side head running. Not sure how to test, if it is doing its job and sending the right feed of temperature.
* Mode selectors does change the air vents through which air blows

Any advise what other diagnosis I could run/do?

Thanks

Don[/QUOTE]

Don, I am having the same issue with my 2007 Hummer H2 SUV... when the truck is started, the AC is cool for about 45 seconds, then the AC shifts to a blazing hot HEAT like the exhaust off a jet engine. No matter what settings I select on the climate control console, they change directions of the heat, but very, very hot air from each of the areas, defrost, top, feet... those actuators appear to work, the only thing I am seeing that is malfunctioning is that fact that the AC is blowing out HOT AIR regardless of what I do. The hot air actually gets cooler when I turn the temp dials to 90 degrees.

DID YOU EVER FIND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WE ARE HAVING IS? CAN YOU DETAIL THE SOLUTION... would be greatly appreciated.

I had my Hummer packed to the roof for a long planned road trip from Vegas to Yellowstone to the Atlantic Ocean and just as I backed out of the garage, the BLAST of HOT AIR came out of the dash and I have not been able to figure out what the problem is. Looks like the Yellowstone road trip is not going to happen, because by the time I end up in Maryland, AC will be VITAL.

Any help is appreciated, thanks Don!

Jon Dize
DIZEMAN Photography

Old 09-11-2020, 12:04 PM

Which activator did you find was the problem Don? In what location was it located? Having the SAME issue with my 2007 H2 SUV. I don't have a clue where the TEMP controlling actuator would be. HOPING against all odds it is not the upper one that requires disassembly of the entire dash.

Thanks
Jon Dize
DIZEMAN Photography

Old 09-11-2020, 02:33 PM

DIZEMAN...... I realize that with a road trip planned that you are pretty much freaking out. Check these thread from just a couple of weeks ago....

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...ng-door-43549/
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...tors-ac-43575/

The upper right one is the recirculation door and is not your problem one.

The driver side temperature one is accessed from the bottom on the passenger side (passenger side one is on top sort of behind the center stack). You have to remove the lower insulator panel to get to it. It is on the bottom close to the center stack.

Quick Reply: Blend Door issues? Here are your answers!