Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Anyone have pictures of the OEM paintable brush guard?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 11:36 AM

Surprisingly stout and looks sufficiently beefy and is closed enough to protect the grill.

Last edited by ant69; 09-02-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I've never seen one in person but to me they look too blended in. Looks like a second grill bolted in front of the first one lol
X3 , not a fan.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:04 AM
Default OEM Paintable Grille Guard

Originally Posted by RJ3607
Below is a picture of what I'm talking about. I am curious if anyone has a picture of one of these on a white H2 (painted white).

Thanks

I know this is an older thread, however, I thought I’d let everyone know that I found a speciality fabrication shop that is making me a grille guard out of metal to closely match this paintable paintable grille guard. I own a 2006 pacific blue limited edition Hummer H2. The paint on the grille guard began coming up (bubbling) so I took the H2 to a body shop. The body shop advised all the paint and primer need to be removed from the grille guard and that would have taken months at a substantial cost.

I decided to take the grille guard to a steel and fiberglass shop to see if they could fabricate a new grille guard using the current one as a template or guide. On the fourth shop visit I happens on a fabrication shop that agreed to fabricate the grille guard! I plan to have it powder coated to match the color of the original part. I will post pictures of the end product in about a week. Once the grille guard is done, the fabrication shop agreed to fabricate an billet aluminum hood vent similar to those sold by Defenderworx.

Once I post the pictures of the end product I will post the name and website for the fabrication shop. The fabrication shop said they will post the products they make for the H2 on their website. I will keep everyone posted.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:28 AM
Default OEM Paintable Grille Guard

Originally Posted by RJ3607
Below is a picture of what I'm talking about. I am curious if anyone has a picture of one of these on a white H2 (painted white).

Thanks

I know this is an older thread, however, I thought I’d let everyone know that I found a speciality fabrication shop that is making me a grille guard out of metal to closely match this paintable paintable grille guard. I own a 2006 pacific blue limited edition Hummer H2. The paint on the grille guard began coming up (bubbling) so I took the H2 to a body shop. The body shop advised all the paint and primer need to be removed from the grille guard and that would have taken months at a substantial cost.

I decided to take the grille guard to a steel and fiberglass shop to see if they could fabricate a new grille guard using the current one as a template or guide. On the fourth shop visit I happens on a fabrication shop that agreed to fabricate the grille guard! I plan to have it powder coated to match the color of the original part. I will post pictures of the end product in about a week. Once the grille guard is done, the fabrication shop agreed to fabricate an billet aluminum hood vent similar to those sold by Defenderworx.

Once I post the pictures of the end product I will post the name and website for the fabrication shop. The fabrication shop said they will post the products they make for the H2 on their website. I will keep everyone posted.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:32 AM

I am anxious to see the finished grille guard, It's nice to see a shop enthused about making some H2 products. You should show them the Machine Gun hood handles, I bet those could be a money maker for them. You could let them use your H2 for mockup and get a prototype set for free.

Old 12-03-2023, 12:43 PM

BOOM - you will have to post photos...