PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Side floor panel Leak continued..

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 10:58 AM
Exclamation Passenger Side floor panel Leak continued..

Hey all,

I apologize for the duplicate threads on this topic, but I can't seem to figure out if the problem is between one or the other. I'll give you a little bit of background: I've noticed a passenger side leak from the floor panel. From what I've been reading here, most of you have said that it's from the sunroof. So I blew out the drain holes about 2 weeks ago and tested it to make sure it was draining properly (and it was). Last night when I was driving home I've noticed the leak again in the same spot. What I've gathered is that it only leaks when I'm driving, not when the truck is parked.

So with this said, could it be the windshield? Or should I bite the bullet and drill out that "drain plug connector piece" as instructed in previous threads?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:31 PM

put some paper towels in the front corners of roof drain.
mine dont get wet in a downpour.
its not hard to see if you got plugged drain or slow drain.
i rub my top window surfaces with silicone grease 3-4 times a yr. very little leaking

Old 04-23-2016, 04:48 PM

I would bite the bullet and drill them out, passenger side will be the hardest, also if you just blew it out you could have blown the tube off since there is no connector holding it on, why you might say? Don't know brilliant engineers/assemblers if ya ask me, but anyway its possible when testing some water still got in the tube and fooled ya just maybe not all of it unless you tested it extensively. I did mine about 2 years ago and no leaking yet, but I do get the occasional gurgling sound after the car wash from time to time but no blowback. Also this way you will have peace of mind that they are fixed and connected properly, then if ya have another leak you know its something else. Good Luck

Old 04-23-2016, 06:30 PM

Hey, I was just fixing this today! I had the same issue with mine, I blew out the sunroof drain holes, still leaked, the I siliconed the bottom of my 3 middle roof lights and problem solved! Try that first before u do any drilling!

Old 04-25-2016, 05:41 PM

I will give the silicone a try and see what happens. Thanks

Old 04-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Morgan Kushniryk
Hey, I was just fixing this today! I had the same issue with mine, I blew out the sunroof drain holes, still leaked, the I siliconed the bottom of my 3 middle roof lights and problem solved! Try that first before u do any drilling!
The drilling is for the "X" exit plug on the end of the sunroof drain. That "X" is what backs up the clog.

Lots of people tried blowing compressed air through the drains, bad idea, too much PSI with a bad clog = disconnected drain tubes up inside the headliner.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-tubes-28548/

Old 04-26-2016, 12:13 PM

I'm going to attempt the drilling today, it's suppose to rain tomorrow where I am so I hope this will prevent any more leaking. I'll keep you all updated and ill try to take some photos. Thanks for all the input

Old 04-26-2016, 04:39 PM

Be careful drilling out the X in the grommet, I did it. When it rains out hard and I am driving down the highway, I hear "slurping".

Old 04-29-2016, 02:42 AM

The slurping is nothing to worry about as it's just air going back up the tube, the water is too heavy and only gets so far then the air goes through which makes the slurping sound. You can also get some weed whacker line and thread it thru there to snake it out, just be careful not to pop the tube off otherwise it's a bit of a headache to get to it to reconnect.