PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 passenger side leak drill

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Default H3 passenger side leak drill

I've had this issue for a while and have tried everything that people have posted about how to stop the passenger side leak. I'm wondering if anybody has tried drilling holes into the passenger side floor for the water to spill out. If anyone has drilled is there a specific spot to target or does anyone have a picture out there? Between dealerships, mechanics, and myself trying I rather just drill some small holes to stop the bleeding

Thanks

And sorry if this was covered. I couldn't find anything on drilling specifically

Old 03-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome. Do you have a sunroof?

If so, stop searching the symptom, and start searching for how to resolve it by cleaning the sunroof drains.

There is a thread here called something like, "finally a fix for clogged sunroof drains". Have a look.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:47 PM

Has been done 3 times. Tested each time. Windshield sealed and was replaced for other reasons, door seal has been checked and so on.... I'm not looking for symptoms that's why I inquired if anyone tried drilling some holes

I've read On sites people drilled a couple small holes but had little detail and wasn't a forum to reply. Was hoping someone tried and had anything to share on it

Thanks

Old 03-09-2015, 10:36 PM

I understand your frustration, but I would stop trying to let the water get out, and start trying to stop letting the water in...

When you cleaned the sunroof drains, did you cut out the little X in the rubber grommet that goes through the firewall? If not, then debris will just continue to build up, and you'll always have a leaky sunroof drain. Also, you could check the drain tubes themselves, could be that they are cracked, or got damaged/disconnected last time you cleaned them out.

Try to find out where the water gets in, and go from there...just my two cents.

Good luck

Old 03-10-2015, 07:27 AM

Water Doctors are worth their weight in gold. May be time to contact one. Good Luck

Old 03-21-2015, 05:35 PM

Agreed search how to clean sunroof drains. Also agree the drain hose be detached or cracked. Also the seal on the antenna base may be leaking. Have been here done that on gf's h3.

Mine thank god didn't need it.

Chris