Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Help!!! looking for sunvisor part

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 07:35 AM
Default eBay / Junk yard

Originally Posted by Jonesb930
Has anyone ever found where to buy the white clip that holds the visor in? Used ones come up on eBay from time to time but they are scarce.
the best of luck to you, H2 visors are the devils works.

I was in the same boat for a while, found a junk yard that had an entire hummer being parted out on EBay, contacted them and had them physically look for the parts in question even though they weren’t specifically listed on EBay at the time.

fyi there are 2 white plastic pieces per visor, the larger piece that holds the visor and a smaller white piece that clips the larger white piece to the metal roof skin. Just be careful, that smaller white piece has a tendency to pop upwards when being fitted and could easily end up trapped in between the outer roof sheet metal and a second inner roof sheet metal.

I dread anything having to do with H2 visors.

May the force be with you

Old 05-06-2022, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by EOTWHH2
the best of luck to you, H2 visors are the devils works.

I was in the same boat for a while, found a junk yard that had an entire hummer being parted out on EBay, contacted them and had them physically look for the parts in question even though they weren’t specifically listed on EBay at the time.

fyi there are 2 white plastic pieces per visor, the larger piece that holds the visor and a smaller white piece that clips the larger white piece to the metal roof skin. Just be careful, that smaller white piece has a tendency to pop upwards when being fitted and could easily end up trapped in between the outer roof sheet metal and a second inner roof sheet metal.

I dread anything having to do with H2 visors.

May the force be with you

Thank you for the reply as well as the advise!. It really amazes me how something so simple can get over engineered in a bad way.

I searched high and low for this retainer with no luck. Used visors (with the part included) run north of $200 each. So I took several hours with micrometers in hand, and some 3d design software, and made my own. I found the design flaw in the clip (lets face it, that whole assembly is a design flaw lol) and improved it where I could to prevent those stupid ears from braking off. My test piece fitted up perfect so I ran a batch off. All in I have about 10 hours in the solution. These are not your typical 3d parts, common PLA material would breakdown in the heat of a vehicle within a few weeks with the load of the visor pulling on it. This material is designed for this environment and has been used successfully within the engine compartment here in South Florida without issues. I will report back long term results.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:36 AM

Very nice work! If those hold up well, heck even if they are one time use (breaks on removal but as long as they hold well on installation) I'm pretty sure you would have buyers for them. Not a lot of fast sales mind you, it is not like H2 owners are pulling their visors often so the market is still extremely limited. Join a couple of the FB Hummer groups, and advertise them here and there and you will sell some. Maybe just run a "good till cancelled" eBay listing.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:04 AM

Thats a great idea! I will put up a few on eBay today! Ill post back a link if it's allowed. I'll also hunt FB for some groups! I like making things that are unavailable, especially to keep a vehicle going! We love out cars/trucks after all. I've made other NLA parts for enthusiasts, but never tried to market them, mostly one off designs/orders.

Bill

Old 05-06-2022, 03:47 PM

****UPDATE*****

I listed 4 of these on eBay here: 03-07 HUMMER H2 Sun Visor Retainer . Hopefully these will help someone out.

Bill

Last edited by Jonesb930; 03-02-2023 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-06-2022, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jonesb930
****UPDATE*****

I listed 4 of these on eBay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284802333368 . Hopefully these will help someone out.

Bill
Nice listing EXCEPT no WORLDWIDE? There are many H2's overseas.
I've been selling many lightweight items on eBay and 1/3 sales have been OUTSIDE THE USA!
You already have ((no returns)), as I have since 2001!
Drop your price and charge shipping USPS 1st class, offer WORLDWIDE!
Breakdown:
I list low weights at 12oz USPS 1st class shipping =$5.80 to the US buyer.
When I sell an item, with a weight up to 4oz and print eBay shipping label, it costs me $3.86 max, or $3.39 to eBay Global Shipping ProgramAfter the package is delivered, I'm covered and still 100%!>>> Send your eligible item to our domestic shipping center, and once it reaches us, your job is done: We'll manage the international shipping and customs process for you.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:03 PM

Wow! Thanks for that advice! It will ship in a padded envelope. I just have to figure out how to put all the info in so it calculates correctly. I added worldwide shipping.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:57 AM

That is some nice work. Good on you, for all the effort that you put into it.

Old 05-07-2022, 10:19 AM

Ok, so those 4 sold today, relisted 4 more. https://www.ebay.com/itm/284804044170

I need to figure out how to make this more like a store item so I can just add inventory.

Old 05-07-2022, 05:35 PM

Nice! I figured you would sell some.... Probably more right away and then it will slow some as it is still a somewhat limited and narrow market.

Quick Reply: Help!!! looking for sunvisor part