Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Help!!! looking for sunvisor part

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 08:40 PM
Default Help!!! looking for sunvisor part

I finally found 2 sun visors for my 06 but realized I don't have the retainer clips that lock the visor in place (the clips toward the center console L & R). Anyone know where I can find them? I found 2 on ebay but it says 08-09. Not sure if they will work though. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Old 10-17-2019, 11:23 AM
Default Same boat

Years later and no answers anywhere. I went to the dealer, gave them the vin. They gave me a part number 15877252, but all indications are that’s for 08-09. Widgets claim will not fit 03-07. So what’s the darn part # for the 06? Or all these databases just wrong and it’s the same part after all? Visors can be found on eBay, but the visor retainer for an 06 is not just impossible to find, I can’t even find the part #.

can anyone confirm that the retainer out of the 08-09 would also fit in the 06?

This is one post that was never replied to, but there are others. No one ever replies. I guess that’s a sign that there’s no answer. Anyway, got nothing to lose.

consider this a bump.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:44 PM

There is no part number for it listed. It has a call out number as item #10. Usually if it has no part # that means it is only as part of some other assembly as a whole. In this case it is probably part of #11 which is only available with the entire visor or the entire headliner.

And yes - the H2 visors are one of the most incredibly infuriating parts I have every had to remove from any vehicle. Whoever engineered that mounting should have been fired. On mine, I simply added a screw. Low profile OEM style one, barely even notice it there. I'll take a pic later if I remember and upload it. Works fine.4

Also - look at this same site to find other part numbers. As a part becomes no longer available the majority of the GM dealer part sites remove the part numbers which is highly aggravating.

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/e...n/16/tn16-039/

Old 10-17-2019, 12:47 PM

Thnx for replying.

if you get a chance to upload a pic that would be great. Either way thnx again.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:20 PM

You're going insane posting all over the place about this sun visor clip. As Mix mentioned, it is a part of an ASSEMBLY. There are ridiculous amounts of websites where you can get exploded views of the H2, its parts, and everything you could need for it WITH part numbers. Some numbers may not work anymore and some may be cross referenced with parts from other vehicles. This is also not the only H2 forum, albeit, the only one still alive but others still have reference material uploaded to them.

Old 10-19-2019, 03:42 PM

Picture of what I did on mine..... The screw is toward the front so when the visor is in its normal closed position, you really do not even see it since the visor itself covers it. I used a stainless screw with a stainless cup washer. If I remember right the screw is about 2 inches long. Of course would not want to have it too long - needs to be just right. There is a secondary layer of metal spaced a small distance from the actual roof metal that it is screwed into.

Old 10-19-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Picture of what I did on mine..... The screw is toward the front so when the visor is in its normal closed position, you really do not even see it since the visor itself covers it. I used a stainless screw with a stainless cup washer. If I remember right the screw is about 2 inches long. Of course would not want to have it too long - needs to be just right. There is a secondary layer of metal spaced a small distance from the actual roof metal that it is screwed into.

Looks secure to me, although you shouldn't need to go to a 2"screw. Nice work.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Looks secure to me, although you shouldn't need to go to a 2"screw. Nice work.
I'd love to do what you did there with the screw. I've never been able to get mine off, I was mutilating the plastic so I gave up. On my H3 it was just screws and was super easy to remove.

Old 10-20-2019, 08:48 AM

Lol - you can see where the headliner itself got mutilated some as the inner part of the bracket just started spinning.... Eventually I need to redo the entire headliner anyways so I'm not too worried. If I remember right you have to first push the center bit that the arm itself is on up further into the outer part, then rotate to get it to release from the retainer bit that you cannot see. I could be wrong on the length of the screw needed, it has been a while since I did that. I do remember that it did need to be long enough to reach the metal up above there and I did CAREFULLY pre-drill a hole in that metal. The implications of going to far will either be a hole in your roof or possibly at least a small dent.

It is truly the worst mounting design I have ever encountered for a visor and I have removed hundreds of them over the years on all sorts of vehicles.

Old 05-05-2022, 07:54 PM

Has anyone ever found where to buy the white clip that holds the visor in? Used ones come up on eBay from time to time but they are scarce.

Quick Reply: Help!!! looking for sunvisor part