Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Help!!! looking for sunvisor part

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 06:06 PM

So, these have been selling sporadically. I have received some positive feedback as well as interest in me making more H2 parts. Does anyone have a need for anything that could become another item to sell? I would be willing to work with someone to develop their part and provide them with free copies for their use if it's something that would have even a small demand.

here is the link to the most recent listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284804044170

Old 10-12-2022, 08:08 AM

I don't need one but, bet you could sell a pocket to replace the OnStar controls, or a locking box for the center console.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:08 AM
Default Hard to find parts

There have been some great suggestions in here so far, some more somewhat random ideas:

the front door pockets, not sure if that’s too big of a part to 3d print.

caps that cover the screws on some of the pillars between the front and rear doors.

The attachment point for the strap on the rear hatch is another one.

your doing gods work, great job.

love the visor attachment parts you made. Will probably order a few since I know the current ones will be damaged once I redo the interior roof liner

Old 10-12-2022, 10:28 AM

there are many hummer parts projects on thingiverse that people might need like shifter button, fog light adapters, clips and blank out plates. then there are things that are unobtainium like blend doors and ac vents

Old 01-19-2023, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
I don't need one but, bet you could sell a pocket to replace the OnStar controls, or a locking box for the center console.
The Onstar Control replacement sounds interesting. Is there a desire to abandon the Onstar and replace it with something else? Can you send me some pictures? I am sure I could find the Constar piece on eBay to use as a reference.

Old 01-21-2023, 08:25 PM

This is another sunvisor part that would be great to be recreated. When one of these prongs breaks off the visor will no longer remain retained.

Old 01-22-2023, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by clsimmon
This is another sunvisor part that would be great to be recreated. When one of these prongs breaks off the visor will no longer remain retained.

Recreating this would not be too difficult, but looking at those clips I'm not sure structurally it would hold up without significant redesign. I would be willing to give it a shot for anyone that has a broken one they could send me. Preferably someone in the US and Florida would be even better.

Old 01-22-2023, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
there are many hummer parts projects on thingiverse that people might need like shifter button, fog light adapters, clips and blank out plates. then there are things that are unobtainium like blend doors and ac vents
I would be most interested in those "Unobtanium" type parts if there is demand.

Show me a blend door or the vents if you can, along with the years they would fit.

Old 01-22-2023, 01:37 PM

i do not have any blend doors on hand as they are deep inside the heater box. they are what the blend door actuators move. sometimes the actuators go bad and sheer the drive pins off the doors.

Old 01-22-2023, 02:27 PM

Yeah getting to one of the actual blend doors is a fairly massive and invasive project that requires removing the majority of the entire dash, center console, discharging the AC system, disconnect the heater core, etc. Most, when faced with an actual broken blend door and get an estimate from a shop to replace it, will just live with the broken door. Easily over $1000 due to the huge amount of labor and many shops will flat out decline to do it. Same with the heater core (since it is inside the same place), a huge project to tackle. Some of the doors (GM calls them valves) are still available online at like Amazon.

Look here for a diagram... https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/e...n/09/tn09-029/

This is one of the actual blend doors -
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Help!!! looking for sunvisor part