PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Winter heating problems..

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 02:02 PM

Good thing, just grab another gallon for when you replace the t-stat and put new coolant in, after you replace the t-stat. Try and save as much as possible of the old coolant to top off down the road. Hopefully this corrects your entire issue. After you put the new t-stat in, you should be around 1/2-5/8 on the gauge, when you reach normal operating temperature, at idle & when driving.. The only time it may rise to 3/4, if it is very hot out and you are sitting in stop and go traffic with the a/c on. Btw, check your fluids periodically. GL

Old 01-10-2014, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by HUM3LE
try a premium thermostat. It will open at a lower temp heating your truck faster, and in return heating your cab faster.

Where are you located? Do you get freezing temps there? "Premium t-stat"=higher opening temp=higher temp at the vents. Lower temp t-stat = lower temp opening, resulting in less heating ability.

I don't think you would sell your "lower temp" t-stats very well in the "frozen tundra"

Old 01-10-2014, 08:03 PM

"It will open at a lower temp heating your truck faster" ! I missed that.
cooler means warmer faster? where do these thoughts come from?

sounds like global warming bs!

Old 01-11-2014, 01:57 AM
rsc

If you drain the fluid from the hose at the bottomof the radiator, you willstill have a quart or so spill out when pulling the thermostat. I dont mind dropping a couple cups on the ground but I dont like dumping the other two gallons on the ground. As mentioned, save some for later and replace with new now.

Btw, access to the top thermostat housing bolt is kinda blind, a mirror and wobble extensions with a u-joint are a must.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:01 AM
rsc

Originally Posted by hummerz
Where are you located? Do you get freezing temps there? "Premium t-stat"=higher opening temp=higher temp at the vents. Lower temp t-stat = lower temp opening, resulting in less heating ability.

I don't think you would sell your "lower temp" t-stats very well in the "frozen tundra"
Umm, he musta wrote that standing on his head cuz he's all bass-ackwards.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:29 PM

Yupp.. There is definitely a coolant leak.. the overflow tank is half way gone already.. Monday I'm taking her in.

The troubles this thing gives me lol, I just cant stop loving her though.