PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome PCM For Less To The Site!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Default RE: Welcome PCM For Less To The Site!!

ORIGINAL: Amanda

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

We need to get all the facts straight.
Plus Amanda does not on the forum.
Your right, I don't own it, but I run it along with Patrick... I decided to start a new ID instead of using the ID "Admin", just in case anyone wonders why there aren't many posts under this name.

Nonetheless, PCMForLess.com has a heck of a guarantee... who wants to be the first to test it out?! Report back and let us know how it goes!!

~Amanda
but don't you run Patrick as well? what's yours is yours, and what's his is yours. isn't that how it works[sm=kissykissy.gif]

Old 09-19-2006, 05:33 PM

I'll try it. Alvin or Kelly, I will call you to get your advice on what to order.

Thanks,
Jim

Old 09-19-2006, 05:52 PM

Alvin,

Bryan H. and I have sent you many e-mails about H3 tuning over the past several weeks (and as recently as yesterday) and you have not responded to any of them. Is there a problem?

ChevyHighPerformance

Old 09-19-2006, 05:52 PM

To Alvin or Kelly..

I had my PCM programmed and the one thing I had to do with the new PCM that was programmed, was take it back to the dealer for them to reset or whatever the Crankangle sensor calibration, or something about telling it to relearn it...will we have to do that with these of yours if we just exchange our old PCM for your PCM?

Thanks

Old 09-19-2006, 06:53 PM

ORIGINAL: ChevyHighPerformance

Alvin,

Bryan H. and I have sent you many e-mails about H3 tuning over the past several weeks (and as recently as yesterday) and you have not responded to any of them. Is there a problem?

ChevyHighPerformance
Hi bud,

Yeah, I'm working on writing a little confidentiality agreement. Once I have that finished I'll send you guys something to try out.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

To Alvin or Kelly..

I had my PCM programmed and the one thing I had to do with the new PCM that was programmed, was take it back to the dealer for them to reset or whatever the Crankangle sensor calibration, or something about telling it to relearn it...will we have to do that with these of yours if we just exchange our old PCM for your PCM?

Thanks
You're talking about the CASE relearn. We have three ways to do PCM's - only one of them requires you to get a CASE relearn (the core charge you mentioned).

Anytime you completely rewrite the PCM with a new GM calibration file, it writes over that CASE data. Thus, if you did a core charge and I sent you out a tuned PCM ready to go, once you plug it into your truck it is not going to see that CASE data. However if you sent me your PCM up front, I can just tune it with HPtuners - the VIN is already written to it. Same thing with our loaner program, that is just a way for people with daily drivers to get their PCM's to us without having the truck down for a few days. With the loaner program we first mail you a stock tuned PCM with your VIN, just to get you through the week. We disable the check engine light for the CASE relearn so it is not an eyesore (it does not hurt performance). You mail us your PCM, which we use hptuners on but not a complete rewrite, then send it back to you, and you return our loaner PCM to get the core charge back. Now, when we write these PCMs with hptuners and not completely redo them with GM software, you may not have the latest updates from GM. We often recommend that you swing by the dealership for the latest flash (if there is one) before sending the PCM out to us. That's up to you, though.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:52 PM

Thank you so much Kelly!..I understood everything you said and you've answered all my questions about this. I can assure you, this also helped several others here who had simular question too...We'll be in touch[sm=smiley2.gif]...

You pervs [sm=nothatway.gif]

Old 09-19-2006, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Alvin@pcmforless.com

ORIGINAL: ChevyHighPerformance

Alvin,

ChevyHighPerformance
Hi bud,

Yeah, I'm working on writing a little confidentiality agreement. Once I have that finished I'll send you guys something to try out.
Alvin,

Do you lock your PCMs?

Old 09-19-2006, 11:37 PM

Guys,
Pcmforless is the real deal. I'm familiar with them ffrom the Siverado SS forum. Great results on that application and I'm sure it will be the same on the H-3. I will be jumping on this in the next few weeks myself.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: lotus4s

I'll try it. Alvin or Kelly, I will call you to get your advice on what to order.

Thanks,
Jim
Thank you for your order, Jim. I put the loaner out in the mail today.

Quick Reply: Welcome PCM For Less To The Site!!