PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Default RE: Warranty Question

Hard to see tongue in cheek when their head is up their ..., well you know.Just have heard enough schmuck jokes over theyears that it gets a little old, especially in today's tension filled dealership atmosphere. Also, kind of new to forums, so I didn't realize what the cute little smiley faces were for. Maybe as a free-thinking adult of 53, I'm just too old for this crowd

Old 08-19-2008, 09:08 AM

ORIGINAL: H3minusH2

Brian is correct that many modifications can affect your warranty. As to the comment about "dealer schmucks", I've worked in a Cadillac HUMMER dealership for 5.5 years, and we don't employ schmucks. I can guarantee that if you approach your dealership service writer with that attitude, you'll be treated like the schmuck (albeit subtlely) with a nice "customer pay" bill! I can't say that I recall a time that a tire size change resulted in a problem (unless the customer treated the service writer like a schuck), but the rules are that any changes to the vehicle CAN affectyour ability to have the warranty pay for work done on a failed component that is a direct result of that modification. That also applies to any other components that fail"behind" it. With the financial trouble GM and most HUMMER dealerships are experiencing, warranty work is just one area that's being scrutinized more closely and no legitimate dealership wants to go toe to toe with their area GM service rep.
I disagree with you here. I was treated like absolutle **** when I went to go buy my first hummer. I wouldn't even rate them as schmuck standard, I would rate them as trash standard. I was even accused of trying to fake a GM employee discount (wtf).

Anyways, I went to a diffrent dealer, which are a lot more helpful, but it's been now more than 24 hours since they said that they "will call me right back" because I'm inquiring about the pricing of another hummer. I'll give this dealer a little slack as they have been very cool service wise.

Yet, when I go to my local chevy dealer, I'm placed on a poduim and treated very niceley with no complaints. Let me not even mention the local cadillac dealer, talk about royal treatment!!!

Anyways, as I am saying, don't think that all dealers are like your dealer, because they are not. I hear really cool things from other's hummer dealerships, but not mine... and that is really unfortunate.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:10 AM

Maybe as a free-thinking adult of 53, I'm just too old for this crowd
Don't be so fast to judge, there are a ton of old timers here

Old 08-19-2008, 09:13 AM

Sorry for the tripple post. But wheels on your ride should in no way affect your warranty. I've had no issues with my truck and warranty work while it's riding on 35's.

To be honest, if they void your warranty because of some larger tires, then I would be ashamed to own a hummer.

I can see if you used spacers or anything else which can put great stress on your axle, but not just a simple tire upgrade. I was told by my dealer that I can put on larger tires and they don't see the issue with it at all, they encourage you to personalize your hummer a little bit. They even have offroading events which by far puts greater stress and damage to your ride than a tire upgrade will.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:18 AM

I know for a fact the dealer can denie you coverage for oversized wheels...I went 17" to 18" but kept the tire the same diameter. When the steering sensor went out they blamed my wheels. I made a bet with them. Install a set of 17" wheels from your inventory. I'll pay for the switch. If the problem is still there then they pay for the switch. They did and I won.
Point being they have the power to denie you coverage.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: ockie

Maybe as a free-thinking adult of 53, I'm just too old for this crowd
Don't be so fast to judge, there are a ton of old timers here
Yep..some older than dirt!

Old 08-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Alright Vader, I heard that dirt comment. [:@] [8D][8D] Schmuck I can let go, but dirt....................Hey wait a minute, I can drive my Hummer in it!! [sm=happy046.gif]

Old 08-19-2008, 11:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Alright Vader, I heard that dirt comment. [:@] [8D][8D] Schmuck I can let go, but dirt....................Hey wait a minute, I can drive my Hummer in it!! [sm=happy046.gif]
Way to go Doc! Life gives you lemons..make lemonade![sm=smiley20.gif]
Yup, I've been arould the block a number of times!

Old 08-19-2008, 05:03 PM

Well....I did the leveling kit last week along with the airraid intake. I had a set of BFG All Terrain K/O 315/75/R16's (blackwalls out)installed on the factory black wheels. It really toughen's up the look of theTactical package. I just ordered a Defender roof rack, 15" billet antenna, and in-channel window vent visors. I will post up some before and after pics when it's complete. Sitting here in the middle oftropical storm Fay at the moment and can't get outside to take pics, lol. Next to come is a Magnaflow exhaust and a reprogram. God I love this truck.