PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty / K&N Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Default Warranty / K&N Question

Does anyone know if the installation of the K&N Intake kit affects the vehicle warranty?

I have to take our H3 in for a under warranty electrical issue, do I need to change the K&N back out?

TIA!
Jules

Old 08-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Default RE: Warranty / K&N Question

It should not dealers are putting in for people before they take delivery of the truck.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:10 PM

Does any one know how K&N does at emission test time?

Old 08-02-2006, 03:19 PM

I guess what state you live in it will pass in mass.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:23 PM

6. Are K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kits – FIPK’s street legal and will I have a problem passing state vehicle inspections due to the altering of my air box?

K&N FIPK’s are legal in all 50 states. Each FIPK has been submitted and has received exemption by the California Air Resources Board (CARB). Since California has some of the toughest emission laws in the country, their approval has been accepted as legal by other states. Each of these kits comes with a high temperature sticker with the CARB exempt “EO” number. This sticker differentiates approved devices from non-approved devices. As long as you have the approved sticker you shouldn’t have any problems with vehicle inspections. Typhoon Intake Systems have either been submitted for CARB exemption or they already are CARB except. You can enter a part number on our search page to determine CARB status. Our AirCharger intake kits may not be legal in states where under the hood modifications are not allowed. Check your local laws if you are unsure.

7. Will a K&N filter cause my vehicle’s mass air sensor to fail?

At this time, K&N is unaware of any evidence that K&N air filter oil from a K&N air filter can damage or cause the malfunction of a MAF sensor, regardless of the make of the vehicle involved. K&N takes seriously any claim that one of its products is incompatible with its designated application or can damage or cause the malfunction of any automotive component. Such claims are thoroughly investigated and, when appropriate, testing is undertaken to determine their merit. In the case of MAF sensors, ongoing tests have shown that contamination from K&N air filter oil has not caused any failures or malfunctions of the MAF sensors in the test vehicles. K&N is aware that MAF sensors can become contaminated for a variety of reasons, unrelated to a K&N air filter (such as backfiring, blowby, leaking airbox or leaking intake duct) and that various methods have been used by some service departments and repair shops to clean a dirty or contaminated MAF sensor, such as spraying with an appropriate cleaner. K&N has not completed any tests as to the efficacy of such a process and, therefore, does not officially endorse or recommend any cleaning process. However, if given the choice of either replacing a MAF sensor or cleaning it, K&N recommends that the consumer ask his or her automotive dealer to attempt cleaning, before replacement. It should be noted that the presence of contamination does not mean the contamination was the cause of the MAF sensor failure. Sensors can fail for electrical or mechanical reasons, unrelated to any visible contamination.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:01 AM

Thanks again for the Info, Mark! It's much appreciated!

Jules