PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

South African H3. What an embarrasment.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:23 AM
Default RE: South African H3. What an embarrasment.

Do you guys know of any differences between the US made H3 verse the South Africa H3?

We are getting the SA H3 and so far I noticed the SA H3 Adventure only gets 32" tyres not 33" like the US.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Brett

Do you guys know of any differences between the US made H3 verse the South Africa H3?

We are getting the SA H3 and so far I noticed the SA H3 Adventure only gets 32" tyres not 33" like the US.
What model number is your tires? Keep in mind that the model names may change as they always do when cars are shipped overseas. You may just have the standard wheels.

Other things such as trade agreements and exportation might put a limit on some components such as the tires. However, the stock tires are no good anyways; I would even replace the adventurer’s tires.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:49 PM

Here is discripton of H3 model coming to Aus

HUMMER Australia will launch the H3 in three models: H3, H3 Luxury and H3 Adventure.

In addition to the standard safety features, H3 offers cruise control, electro-chromatic rearview mirror with eight point compass, power windows, fog lights and halogen headlamps, five 16 by 7.5 inch alloy wheels, remote entry with panic alarm, single indash CD, cloth seats and 60/40 split rear seats.

In H3 Luxury specification, the vehicle gains the following features over the H3 model: automatic transmission as standard, leather-appointed interior, electric heated front seats with eight way power adjustment, leather wrapped steering wheel, exterior chrome package including door handles, roof cross bars and mirror caps, six-disc in-dash CD changer, Monsoon sound system and glass sunroof.

H3 Adventure includes the features of the H3 Luxury (excluding sunroof) and takes the H3’s off-road capability to the next level, adding a fully locking electronic rear differential, off-road suspension package and a two-speed transfer case with a low range ratio of 4.03:1.

All H3 models are on sale now with first customer deliveries due in July. The recommended retail pricing, excluding dealer delivery and government charges is as follows:
Model Manual Automatic
H3 $51,990 $53,990
H3 Luxury n/a $59,990
H3 Adventure$57,990 $59,990

Metallic paint is a $1,200 option.
Dealers are only just getting there demo's and customer deliveries now look like december if they are lucky

Wheels and tyres are the same across all model except the Luxury can opition chrome wheels.
WHEELS & TYRES
16 in. x 7.5 in. alloy wheels, 32 in. P265/75R16 tyres with full-size spare

Old 09-29-2007, 08:17 PM

I lived in SA as a kid/ young man from the US from '68 to '79. The smartass comments from countrymen that built NO cars of pure SA design used to tick me off. If they are so keen on English cars, let them scour the road sides and junk yards for the broke down POS cars. We brought a '68 Pontiac Lemans over there and owned a few English sourced models, they were unrelaible junk! When they start building their own cars and not assembling someones else's, then they have something to say, otherwise, those smartass Gen Xer's need to STFU!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:23 AM

Hi All

I am a South Africa and live in South Africa, Just to put things staight aboutEnglishcars, land Rover here in my country has a reputation of being exremely unreliable in saying that there spare parts are found throughout Africa which makessome what popular.However the majority of offroaders in South Africa are very keen onJapenese Cars [Mainly Nissan and Toyota]as these have proved themselves over and over in some very harsh african conditions as real work horses and there spares are also found thoughout Africa, I think the reputation the H3 is getting here is that of a "pose" 4x4 as many people here are "blinging" there H3's and not a "real" 4x4that has stood the test of time like Toyota and Nissan has.

In saying that I have owned numerous Nissan vehicles [Unfortunatley no Toyota] and I must say from a 4X4 capability point of view the Hummer is TOPS... imho

However I have not had my Hummer long enough to comment on reliability as My Nissan Vehicles did hundreds of Kilometer's in rough terain!

I just wish the guys here would stop with all the chrome and make the H3 look like what's its really built for!!