PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

South African H3. What an embarrasment.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
Default South African H3. What an embarrasment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWSwG...ted&search=

Maybe, if these people actually knew how to drive them off-road, they wouldn't be getting stuck!

Old 09-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Default RE: South African H3. What an embarrasment.

Man I really wish I can see this video. Usually South Africans have a good grip on offroading... of course they prefer their Nissan trucks... but nevertheless.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:04 AM

Hey, these were press drivers, not necessarily drivers with any skill. All done by a guy that probably gets his ratings by his wise-*ss comments and ability to find problems with anything he sees. [/align]

Old 09-20-2007, 10:51 AM

i think we're all in agreement that we'd each own(!) that course. how they got stuck on that 3rd-grader, power wheels 'off-road' course is beyond me and the scope of this forum. any members from south affy need to step up to the plate and show those rookies how its done!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:25 AM

Being from there, it's a common feeling that American cars are inferrior... and I think this whole reasoning would play its part.

These video reviews make me think of Top Gear's H1 review where they said the H1 was horrible and a terrible vechile, or where they say the nasty comments about the H2 and how Tahoes and Suburbans are worthless rubbish incapable of anything. They are always going on about how Brit cars are so superior... but they fail to mention that the Brits don't really have much cars of thier own.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:36 PM

Regarding Top Gear's reviews:
I love this show it's the best there is today, but their off-road SUVs reviews are way off.

For example they tested the new Land-Rover Discovery. They just took it on a very high hill in Scotland, no rock no nothing. It got stuck 3 times. And it still got the best review ever.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

My 13 year old could drive anybodys hummer thru that course. The only driving she has done is offroad and probably less than 20 miles????? Sheeeoot, my wife's Pacifica could probably do that course!! I know importkiller's ricer could make it!!!! Drifting thru the curves. [sm=gears.gif]

Old 09-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

I would love to see that guy do a review for a Suburu Impreza:

"Today, we drove this new '08 Impreza WRX STi on this frozen lake up in the mountains. It cornered absolutely horribly, almostlike driving a car on a frozen lake..............and this car is supposed to handle like it's on a rail? It handles more like me mum's Mini Cooper on a frozen lake."

You get the idea

Old 09-20-2007, 02:32 PM

i got it to work i will try to relink it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWSwG...ted&search

Old 09-20-2007, 03:21 PM

25 cm of water?? Thats less then 10 inches. I measured my Hummer with the 265's and it was at least 18", which is more like 45cm.

Hmmm, a plastic grill?? Um, are there any cars still available with a metal grill?

Of course all this comes from a guy who doesn't know what the "big, black metal toggle thingies" are for. Apparently he has never gotten stuck in a car and needed to pull it out only to find nothing suitable to hook onto.

Quick Reply: South African H3. What an embarrasment.