PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PROBLEMS WITH H3

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 02:27 PM
Default RE: PROBLEMS WITH H3

They did show several off roading spots, one was "ROCK STAR" one showed the H3 going thru the woods and said "DISAPPEAR"...

Old 12-16-2005, 02:31 PM

ah yes, i remember the "disappear" ad, but that's trail riding. maybe the expect you to go back to pavement if you pass the magic tree. still doesn't make sense that they can remove the warranty from an item they just repaired.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:34 AM

if you break the front end, you are doing something wrong, maybe not engaging it right, i took mine off roading, kept up with h1 and h2's and 12in deep snow and thick mud,

Old 12-19-2005, 03:50 AM
Default PROBLEMS WITH H3 - CHEAP PLASTIC!!!

I was seriously looking into specs of H3 and I liked its look on the pictures when finally, last Friday I saw one new (or maybe a month or 2 old - they can't be older than that) parked right there. Being of curious nature, I walked around this bright yellow beauty and saw one specific feature that completely turned me off. If you look carefully, there are some strange longituginal black plastic pieces running on top of the vehicle. Plastic looked super cheap and thin. A close look revealed this plasttic consists of several pieces which are really badly snapped together and they have already separated with 1/2 inch gap at the flont of the car just above the driver. More than that, one of the plastic pieces was already cracked and it would not be long until the crack would go across. This plastic looked about 1/32" thick - extremely thin to be used on car of any value and especially prestige such as Hummer's.

This car looked brand spanking new and it certainly did not look like it was in any kind of accident but such a gross factory screw-up completely turned me off.
We all know this: If it looks so cheap that it may fall apart, it will, according to Murphy's law.

I even took some pictures which I can email you if you request it at mwein@yahoo.com
I am sure more people will write about it and factory will replace that stupid plastic crap with either metal (hopefully) or better plastic.

My other comment was that the windows were extremely small - but it's just my opinion - this is probably to offer better protection against insurgents. I didn't sit inside to properly evaluate them. Probably, never will.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:51 AM
Default PROBLEMS WITH H3 - CHEAP PLASTIC!!!

I was seriously looking into specs of H3 and I liked its look on the pictures when finally, last Friday I saw one new (or maybe a month or 2 old - they can't be older than that) parked right there. Being of curious nature, I walked around this bright yellow beauty and saw one specific feature that completely turned me off. If you look carefully, there are some strange longituginal black plastic pieces running on top of the vehicle. Plastic looked super cheap and thin. A close look revealed this plasttic consists of several pieces which are really badly snapped together and they have already separated with 1/2 inch gap at the flont of the car just above the driver. More than that, one of the plastic pieces was already cracked and it would not be long until the crack would go across. This plastic looked about 1/32" thick - extremely thin to be used on car of any value and especially prestige such as Hummer's.

This car looked brand spanking new and it certainly did not look like it was in any kind of accident but such a gross factory screw-up completely turned me off.
We all know this: If it looks so cheap that it may fall apart, it will, according to Murphy's law.

I even took some pictures which I can email you if you request it at mwein@yahoo.com
I am sure more people will write about it and factory will replace that stupid plastic crap with either metal (hopefully) or better plastic.

My other comment was that the windows were extremely small - but it's just my opinion - this is probably to offer better protection against insurgents. I didn't sit inside to properly evaluate them. Probably, never will.

Old 12-20-2005, 06:48 AM

I just got my H3 back after being in the shop for 30 days. A cylinder head was found to be defective, allowing air in and causing a misfire in one of my cylinders. I now have a lawyer invoved. All GM keeps saying is "we're sorry for any inconvience". I dont have the same confidence in this vehicle that I once had... [>:]

Old 12-20-2005, 10:05 AM

That black plastic is non-functional... It covers the rain gutter and roof mount tracks to keep crap out... Mine are fine by me but they make stainless ones for those that need them... The windows are small... Hard to see out of and also hard to get thrown out of in a crash... My girlfriend’s car has a picture window for a windshield but oddly it doesn't make me feel too safe thinking about all that could come in or me going out... The H3 is not for everyone but then again, neither is a Ferrari...

Old 12-21-2005, 03:33 AM

i agree rav, i think that guy likes his honda civics, if you dont like h3's then dont sign up for this site, i dont like your honda so dont bad mouth my h3, who cares about the plastic at the top, mine isnt 1/32" thick, did you measure it?

Old 01-14-2006, 02:17 PM

Originally when I got the car (H3) I had two problems, the wipers were crap and sunroof was rattling when half to 2/3 open (also a minor scratch) The first time car was in shop they replaced the wipers and ordered a new sunroof. The wipers still only smudge the water and not wipe it. Second time they replaced the sunroof and painted the scratch. This was the most imcompetent work I have ever seen done to car in my life. They did not even bother to check the wipers again and the painting was done so that you can still see the white underneath, I could have done better. In addition they didnt even touch another chip that I noticed few inches away that was covered by grease. They replaced the sunroof but, they left 5 big lips (rubber bent) on the interior sunroof seal, in addition the seal on one side was completely off its raliling just hanging there in the air bent about 1/2 inch. On top you can easily notice that sunroof in front is about 2 inches above the roof line, on the back about even with roof line. In one corner it is almost underneath it, making for a lot of wind noise when I drive. The sunroof seal is off the sunroof in another place. It seems also that they broke my seatbelt bracket as it rattles terrible when I drive, I noticed it came all lose, probably someone stepped on it. When I was there I asked a guy to show me how to install the ski rack as instruction were a little incomplete, instead of pulling the rubber out the roof rack out the side, he pulled it straight up causing it to disform a little, then he spent about a minute trying to force it back into place trying to tell me this is how they do it...... I also asked the guy in service to check on the engine, usually in the morning when I go to work when its first cold (even though I warm up the car) it seems unable to shif into 4th gear at 60mph like it does later in the day, no matter how fast I go it will driver for about 30 seconds till it does and RPMS adjust. Then almost every time after a while of driving, when stopped at lights or so, the engine seem to choke once, and no more. It's as if it was losing gas supply for a split second and goes back to normal. I dont anyone even paid attention to what I said.
I have already told them next time I am contacting GM but I see they do not help much either..... what should I do after all this crap I am going through? In general I am very happy with the car if everything was as it should be !

Old 01-14-2006, 04:28 PM

Well depends on what state you live in they might have the lemmon law three time for the same problem with in a year they have to take it back

Quick Reply: PROBLEMS WITH H3