PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out on de Brakes Boss!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Default RE: Out on de Brakes Boss!

That would suck!!! I had the breaks fail on a Cessna I was piloting once... thank god I found it while doing the run up!

Old 11-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Default RE: Out on de Brakes Boss!

Between an AFD, and the approach plate saying "Not for jet use," you would really think he would get a clue. I believe Citations are dual pilot certificated and that means that the copliot also screwed up as well. Either that, or the pilot was flying solo, which adds to his failures. Being a foreign pilot, I hope he is not allowed back in our airspace, and hopefully his version of the FAA will not allow him to enter thier airpace anymore.

I test my brakes on start up and during taxi, and then the ultimate test is run up. I also give them a tap on short final to make sure they are there so there are no suprises when I'm on the ground. The only incidences I've had are the landing light failure at night, REIL and edge lights are worth thier weight in gold at that point, and I had my DG freeze on me just after entering class Bravo in SLC. I just took off and wanted to get the hell out of that area, and was cleared to transition. ATC told me to fly 010, but I read back 110 and was trying to figure out which way I needed to turn to make the compass work, and maintain altitude all the while ACT is getting on me for not flying my assigned heading. Finally he comes on and asks if I'm not reading him, "Because I told you 010, that's 10 degrees to the right of North, and you read back 110 and are flying 080 and turning right." I told him, "I read loud and clear, but I am trying to comply, fly and deal with mechanical failure at the same time. I'm a little overwelmed at the moment." After that he was real nice to me, and of course my DG started to work about that time too.

Now I'm curious. How many pilots are on this thing anyway?