PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Offroading....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 12:28 PM

I know what you's mean about the first mark. when i saw the first stonechip on my bonnet, was as if someone shot me through the heart. but i gotta say, i aint gonna feel good if i see one again.

its a shame really. there are like no offroad parks here. that i can find. just little offroading clubs with landcruisers and lil suzukis.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:10 PM

I am a member of a local Jeep group in Virginia Beach. The day before I made my first payment on my '07 H3 Tactical Edition I had it up in the Blue Ridge Mountains doing some serious rock crawling with the high-lift Jeeps and their oversized tires. Now I was completely stock at the time. I did everything they did and I was way more comfortable doing it. I was lucky though. I did not have any undercarriage protection - so I could have damaged my rig. Before you do anything to adventurous - get the skid plates to protect your ride. You wouldn't have sex with a stranger with out using a condom, so why would you wheel a strange trail without protection (skid plates/rocker bars, etc.)

Old 02-18-2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by largemouthbass
I have wheeled my T almost from day one. At first I was somewhat concerned with tree branches as this was my first "new" vehicle (14km's off the lot) but knowing what these trucks can do and one of the main reasons I got one is to off road. By 1000km's freddy crouger had come to visit.....
haha I know exactly what you mean, after 300kms mine already had a couple of nice marks down the side... black really brings out the scratches!

Whatever, it is a Hummer! I will polish it up with wax in the spring and it will look like new again.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:21 AM

Took the Hummer out a few times to Hidden Falls offroad park near Marble Falls. First time I was a bit more conservative, but the 2nd time I completed a few Class 3, 4, & 5 trails I would have never guessed the H3 could handle. I did however come back with like 20 - 30 large scratches from branches - still need to get around to buffing those out.....