PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Offroading without Adv. Package ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 12:04 AM
Default Offroading without Adv. Package ?

My dealer is having an offroad event in two weeks. They make a 3 day weekend out of it and looks like alot of Hummers show up. My question is will I get stuck without the adventure package. Mine is the Lux. Does it have anything mine doesn't other than biggger tires?

Old 08-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Default RE: Offroading without Adv. Package ?

Your dealer will know what part of the trails you should avoid if any..enjoy and have fun..be careful and don't tear the hell out of things.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:28 AM

the base h3 will do almost all obstacles the adventure will do, especially if you put on better tires. You may have to take different lines than an adventure with locking diff but thats about it.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:08 PM

^^What they said. Have fun! If you get to an area and you are not sure about, just ask your trail leader! If you go, make sure you remove any side steps and mud flaps ahead of time. The dealer might actually remove them for you for free.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

The Mud Flaps too huh? I want mine stripped, but the wife just HAS to have the side steps. I'm going to convince her it's COOL to not be tall!

Old 08-30-2006, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

The Mud Flaps too huh? I want mine stripped, but the wife just HAS to have the side steps. I'm going to convince her it's COOL to not be tall!

I'm in the same boat!! My wife is smurf and needed a stool to get into my dually so she won't let me take the steps off. Luckily I found a good set of rubicon proven rock rails with a built in step on them!

Old 09-01-2006, 12:03 AM

If you plan to go off roading a bit, I would suggest getting rid of the side steps and getting a set of OEM rock rail protectors. Then, buy two sets of the U-steps that clip on. They work just as good as tube steps and just unclip them when you go off roading. A LOT easier than unbolting those tubular side steps all the time!

Old 09-01-2006, 12:23 AM

actually I saw a few pics of h3's that went through rubicon and the stock rocker rails sucked, they got badly bent and mangled. go with this instead, cheaper, stronger and has a built in step!!

this is a top view pic. You can get them at rocky-road.com like $400 bucks I think. killer looking and they do make them for the h3 even though it is not listed there. One was rubicon tested and did not fail.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:50 AM

I have abused the hell out of my dealer parts dept rock rails. Other then the paint being scratched off from rocks and stuff, no damage. If you put anything, regardless of how strong it is, in the hands of a novice, it wiil get mangled. Hence the term "Marine Proof" for stuff that can hold up to the abuse of young Marines.

Old 09-01-2006, 01:05 AM

well they werent novices at all, actually they probably do more extreme off roading in their h3's than anybody here. they conquered rubicon, and basically live in moab. I do not want to pirate the pics or video as it comes from another site but there are pics there that show the damage.

Quick Reply: Offroading without Adv. Package ?