Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Offroading.... (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/offroading-17505/)

oyealiz 11-24-2009 12:47 PM

Offroading....

1 Attachment(s)
Who offroads their h3?

My h3x is my scratchless highway loving baby, but some jeep friends are tempting me to go out with them this weekend on the trails.

This is the venue...anybody been there?

http://www.cityofbridgeport.net/index.aspx?nid=322

ps This is last weekend in Gilmer, TX....(my yellow Wrangler)

Attachment 17914

Hummer Guy 11-24-2009 01:41 PM

As capability goes, the H3 will be fine. If you freak out that a branch rubbed the side of the truck, well, that's between you and the branch. :)

oyealiz 11-24-2009 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hummer Guy (Post 212723)
As capability goes, the H3 will be fine. If you freak out that a branch rubbed the side of the truck, well, that's between you and the branch. :)

It would be interesting to see how it compares to my Wrangler...but yeah, I think I'd kill that branch!!!!

DAGKANA 11-24-2009 11:00 PM

oyealiz Id post in CHO and ask some of the Texas members about that place... I don't want to tell you you'll be fine, cause I don't know anything about the place, or what you have done to you H3X... but you'll get sound advice from the members there, and you may even find some more wheelin buddies, just as long as its with the H3 lol...

Doc Olds 11-25-2009 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Stock tires on your H3X will be the weakest link. ;)

Here, mostly parking lot princesses. There are other forums where the ratio of off roaders to mall crawlers may be more to your liking. A three with tires can run all the junk a wrangler can handle, and then some. Rubis are competition, wranglers..... not so much.

Attachment 17908

largemouthbass 11-25-2009 12:23 PM

I have wheeled my T almost from day one. At first I was somewhat concerned with tree branches as this was my first "new" vehicle (14km's off the lot) but knowing what these trucks can do and one of the main reasons I got one is to off road. By 1000km's freddy crouger had come to visit.....

Gunner_45 11-25-2009 01:02 PM

There have been several trips made to that venue by members of another forum.

At the time, the park was still under construction and a bit rough around the edges in some places.

(Shake down runs prior to the actual opening date for the park)

Plan on a few tight trails, brush, hills, rocks and mud.

There are some tire killing tree roots and stumps if you are not careful.

(They have claimed the lives several stock 32 inch tires.....but that was Ok as the owners needed an excuse to upgrade)

The trails, at that time were not always marked appropriately for the level of difficulty presented.

Only a couple of folks came back with rock rash or body scrapes.

All in all, it is not a bad venue....A little bit of everything for every one.

Just needs a little seasoning.

If you do go with your jeep buddies....know and remember your limits.

Do not let them talk you into anything that you do not feel comfortable taking your X through.

Wheeling wise, your rig is more than up for the task and will probably make some of the Jeepers go WTF? I didn't think an H3 could do that.

However, if you want to preserve that virgin paint and un-blemished chrome on the wheels....You might want to take a pass.

The possibility of brush rake, rock rash, etc....is medium to high depending on the trails you choose.

If you'd like, shoot me a PM and I can put you in touch with some folks from here in the DFW area that have actually run that park several times.

There a lots of folks here in the North Central Texas area that REALLY DO WHEEL their HUMMERs.....You just have to know where to look......:D

(It's not good form to talk about other forums in a public thread...not respectful)

g45

valleysniper23 11-25-2009 01:55 PM

im intrested in going to this park how bout a get together there all the tx member we can get? im in mcallen,tx and am willing to meet my h is up for the trip too got my 3 inch lift and 315s waiting anxiusly

largemouthbass 11-25-2009 03:49 PM

what other forums were talked about?

DAGKANA 11-25-2009 11:23 PM

I mentioned another forum, nut just as a means of sound advice. This forum is much more general Hummer owners than wheelers, no offense to anyone but that's the truith. I would rather someone get the right advice than mis informed... I apologise if I over stepped my boundries