PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Offroading....

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 12:55 AM

Dagkana, I did not notice that at first...I guess I should remember that for the future as well, hell on another thread I posted a link to another forum....

Old 11-26-2009, 10:23 AM

Some of my offroad buddies want me to go out as well, but I keep telling them to wait for my Mickeys to come and then I will tear up the trails with them. But I am the same way, any scratch and I freak out!

Old 11-26-2009, 11:19 AM

Thing is, once you get the first scratch then it slowly does not matter as much anymore and most of the marks can be polished out.
These trucks were made to wheel and if you never take it off road than you are really missing out on the entire Hummer experience.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:22 PM

For what it's worth, I have wheeled my 07 tactical since day one and it has been scratched and chipped, not major but it has some minor war wounds. I am all stock and owned a Wrangler that was all stock, the H3 is the winner hands down on and off road...but you all knew that already. I would look at the opportunity to go with other vehicles as a lucky break...how better to explore your H3 limits without worrying about getting it back out. But you may want to go outside and give your H3 a good wax job and decide if you really want to put the first INTENTIONAL mark on it, after the first one you will flinch much less for each new cratch or chip, but your smile will just keep getting bigger, these really do rock off-road.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:37 PM

my question is what is the limit? so far i havent had a problem i alredy poped my front cv axles and i still mud like nothing i cant think of waht else i can do to push the limits im thinking of addind some underbody armor so i can test Rock Crawling

Old 11-26-2009, 08:05 PM

Liz-

I'm a CFOT'er on occasion and we share similar tastes-

My gargage has an '01 Z06 with 408rwhp, '00 Wrangler on 37"s (locked f/r), and an '07 H3 Adventure on 35"s. Too bad you are so far away, my wife would love the company on the trail!

Take the H3 offroad, just get rid of the skinny street tires. You will be impressed with the ride!

Old 11-26-2009, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by largemouthbass
what other forums were talked about?
Originally Posted by DAGKANA
I mentioned another forum, nut just as a means of sound advice. This forum is much more general Hummer owners than wheelers, no offense to anyone but that's the truth. I would rather someone get the right advice than mis informed... I apologise if I over stepped my boundries
My statement regarding other forums was not meant as an admonishment towards you guys.....No way.....

Sorry if it seemed that way.

It was meant as an explanation for why I just did'nt simply post a link to the other site and instead said to PM me for further info.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:12 PM

four wheelin,,, woo hooo

Old 11-27-2009, 12:13 AM

All good Gunner!

bonth, you said it all..

Last edited by largemouthbass; 11-27-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:55 AM

Gunner I wasn't worried, just trying to put out any fires I started (smokey the bear raised me good )

valleysniper sounds like you need to go to some offroad parks, the places I've been there's spots that will swallow your truck whole! There are always limits for your rig until you get a Hummer Monster truck like Lynch has -

Quick Reply: Offroading....